• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: What's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom First

Dorks with guns...

Just like dorks with cars. Or cell phones. Or in this case, computers...

Ignore him back and go on with life. It's too short anyways to waste in on being offended.

Keep carrying and smile!:D

Dave_pro2a

You could ask him.. oh yeah, he wanted to rant and then ignore.

That says it all right there imho. Ignore the idiots ;)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Well, to this anonomous PM'er, Man Up...

internet tough guys... :eek:

Yes. Man up.

I will ad this. Post the PM. Why you say, isn't it private. No. If you can't say something polite and professional in PM then why say it at all. (Every PM can be retrieved for future legal litigation) I see a PM as a way to communicate about off topic points between friends and not as a method to entice poor behavior.

I posted a PM that a member sent denigrating me and behold it stops. I have never posted anything on this forum that I would not stand behind in person in a public square.

Deleted_User

I'm not going to post it, but I understand your point. Again, it isn't about them so much as wondering if 1) "drive by PM-then-ignore" is common, 3) am I supposed to respond anyway, and K) If so, what point would it make?

LOL, +1 for 1, 3, and K That's just priceless

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Yes. Man up.

I will ad this. Post the PM. Why you say, isn't it private. No. If you can't say something polite and professional in PM then why say it at all. (Every PM can be retrieved for future legal litigation) I see a PM as a way to communicate about off topic points between friends and not as a method to entice poor behavior.

I posted a PM that a member sent denigrating me and behold it stops. I have never posted anything on this forum that I would not stand behind in person in a public square.

I'm not going to post it, but I understand your point. Again, it isn't about them so much as wondering if 1) "drive by PM-then-ignore" is common, 3) am I supposed to respond anyway, and K) If so, what point would it make?

Very rare...in my experience.
No, I wouldn't respond. 99.99% of the time I have ignored and it goes away.
To respond on the public part of the forum would call out BS from poor members.

sudden valley gunner

Sounds like one of the stupid PM's I got from BigDave if so just ignore him. Works for me. Or send the letter to the Moderators, let them deal with it if they choose to do so.

I am going to follow the advice I got from another respected member any PM's attacking me personally will be posted in the public forum, I announced that and now I have had none. :lol:

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

I sent it...Post it so there will be no mistake about what I said in the PM, and I will say the same to him face to face. I did not post openly because It would inflame things more than was already posted. I think his diatribe re police is more than counter productive to OC., it is destructive.I support his right to feel the way he does, and to express himself to others. However, posting on a forum that is read by the very people he flames will never advance our cause.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I sent it...Post it so there will be no mistake about what I said in the PM, and I will say the same to him face to face. I did not post openly because It would inflame things more than was already posted. I think his diatribe re police is more than counter productive to OC., it is destructive.I support his right to feel the way he does, and to express himself to others. However, posting on a forum that is read by the very people he flames will never advance our cause.

Explain how it's destructive? Do police have power to take away our gun rights? What are you doing to fight against rampant problems in the "justice" system?

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

Can we please not turn this into another one of those threads. I appreciate the concern -- really. I'm just asking if we can avoid that.

@Trigger, I'm not posting it. Like I said, I'm not interested in getting into more mud slinging over it. I'm just wondering what I'm supposed to do when someone takes a snipe and then says "don't bother responding" because they have me on ignore. Since you apparently are not ignoring me now, should I PM you with a response and we can talk there rather than mudsling differences out here?

We are playing catch with a porcupine. I am not interested in getting stuck. You got my point and opinion, Nothing more about it from me. End of story.

Trigger Dr

Explain how it's destructive? Do police have power to take away our gun rights? What are you doing to fight against rampant problems in the "justice" system?

We are in a battle for our rights. One of the objectives in winning this battle, is to get the LEOs to know and obey the laws they are tasked to enforce. This requires building a rapport and somewhat of an understanding of the different requirements of LE. Like it or not, by publicly castigating the very ones we need to convert, we cannot possibly do anything but make them more ANTI OC.
Having worked in that environment, I can say there are too many bad cops out there, and the blame belongs on not only the LE administrators and politicians but also on those who OC and then show nothing but contempt and disrespect .
I am not saying fall in love with LEO, but try to use a better tactic.
I like the way my Father would handle a situation like this He would tell me "There are two ways to kill a cat...Beat it to death with a club, or convince it that chloroform is good for fleas"
Now Please,let us put this to rest.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Seriously, this is your argument? You keep wanting to get your point in, but then not expect anyone else to speak their side. I agree that we should put this to bed, but you are NOT helping the anti-LEO cause with your tactics.

Can we please close this thread before it turns into another mudslinging contest? It's obvious, based on the previous one, that it can't stay on topic and we all have entrenched positions. It just isn't worth discussing.

Sig, I would open your mind a bit and consider TriggerDr point.

JoeSparky

Centurion
So I got a PM from a rather prominent person on the WA state forum who goes through the process of stating their opinion about me in the form of ad hominem with wild speculation about what I would or would not do in a situation. But they say not to respond because they have me on ignore.

Is there usually a point to this tactic? What am I missing? Am I supposed to respond even though they are ignoring me? What's the protocol here?

I'm not reposting the PM or stating who it was. It's not about them -- I want to know what I'm supposed to do with that if anything here.

Just raise your hand up open palm toward him as he starts speaking and back away leaving him in the learch!

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
SVG and Dave_pro2a wrong as usual :lol:

If only you would have read
TriggerDoc said:

Last edited:

Deleted_User

his posts still live on in the thread about LEO issues.

The LEO Issues thread is locked. You're unable to edit in a locked thread I believe. Thus, IDK if he can delete them. Either way ....

So in the same night DevilDoc5 and SigFan leave. Let's see who else we can run off this week. It's becoming a trend.

I keep thinking I migrated to the Wisconsin forum ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.