Thread: Good information website........

Good information website........

May already know this, but go to www.policehelp.net and click on past issues I believe and it covers a lot of topic's that officers deal with. Basically a legal site for officers educating them on the laws etc...Knowledge is power....

sweeeet. thanks, man. Good info indeed.
    An individual should not choose the caliber, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong

Quote Originally Posted by afcarry View Post
    sweeeet. thanks, man. Good info indeed.
    No problem...Some one on here somewhere helped me find it..I'll try to find this one that stands out and post it

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    No problem...Some one on here somewhere helped me find it..I'll try to find this one that stands out and post it
    http://www.policehelp.net/pubs/2004/rollcallv3n7.pdf

I've read about half of those articles to date. This one ^ is good and gives me a little hope.

Here is another one specific to OC: http://policehelp.net/pubs/2009/qv8n11.pdf

That one really goes over R.A.S. pertaining to OC.
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

Read that publication previously, this is my favorite part:
    You have the right to carry a gun. That right is not given to you by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, but it is protected by that Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by "excerpt from policehelp.net

Thatís more than enough for now, but let me leave you with a good story sent to me this week:

An older man picked up his brand new corvette at a high point dealership and drove it out onto the road. As he pulled onto i-85, he floored it and shot up to 80mph in seconds.

There he was ... Feeling the thrill of the ride. Then, looking in his rear view mirror, he saw the hppd officer behind him, blue lightsflashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, "what am i doing? I'm too old for this," and pulled over to await the officer's arrival.

Pulling in behind him, the officer walked up to the corvette, looked at his watch and said, "sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. If you can give me a reason for speeding that i've never heard before, i'll let you go."

The old gentleman paused then said, "three years ago, my wife ran off with a high point police officer. I thought you were bringing her back."

"have a good day, sir," replied the officer.
    I lol'd hard at that.