Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: National Gun Debate Zeroes In On Wisconsin

  1. #1
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025

    National Gun Debate Zeroes In On Wisconsin

    Life is good in Wisconsin, we are close to regaining some of our rights.

    http://thedigitalnp.com/2011/02/01/n...oes-wisconsin/
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox


    We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

  2. #2
    Regular Member jpm84092's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,068

    Angry Wave lies

    WAVE is claiming that 40% of all firearm sales are private, and thus not subject to background checks. Now, my good friends, I ask you, how is it that WAVE is privy to "private" firearm transfers of ownership. Perhaps they used the corner gypsy and a crystal ball?

    WAVE and their ilk have the advantage; the first amendment allows them to tell blatant lies disguised as fact. And the Sheeple believe and go Baaaa. Baaaad Guns, Baaaad Guns. That is, until they are in a situation in which they need a firearm to protect themselves or a loved one. And, God Bless Them, by then it may be too late to learn the lesson and live to tell about it.

    Carry on my friends, Proudly Carry On
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    WAVE is claiming that 40% of all firearm sales are private, and thus not subject to background checks. Now, my good friends, I ask you, how is it that WAVE is privy to "private" firearm transfers of ownership. Perhaps they used the corner gypsy and a crystal ball?
    I think they play a game similar to pin the tail on the donkey. Only in place of the donkey (ironic because they're jacka$$es), there are percentages scattered about, and what ever number they land on is from then on,known as "fact".

    -Landose-
    Last edited by Landose_theghost; 02-01-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran Flipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Landose_theghost View Post
    I think they play a game similar to pin the tail on the donkey. Only in place of the donkey (ironic because they're jacka$$es), there are percentages scattered about, and what ever number they land on is from then on,known as "fact".

    -Landose-
    They throw a number out there, repeat, repeat, it gets published, becomes "commonly accepted knowledge," to be repeated, repeated by the sheeple, which is used as "support" to get prohibitions passed.

    How many times have you seen the 90% of Mexican cartel guns come from the United States lie quoted as fact?

    It's important to answer any misinformation presented as fact in an article or in a comment with the full story and logic.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

    The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

    "Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Carcharodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    WAVE is claiming that 40% of all firearm sales are private, and thus not subject to background checks. Now, my good friends, I ask you, how is it that WAVE is privy to "private" firearm transfers of ownership. Perhaps they used the corner gypsy and a crystal ball?

    WAVE and their ilk have the advantage; the first amendment allows them to tell blatant lies disguised as fact. And the Sheeple believe and go Baaaa. Baaaad Guns, Baaaad Guns. That is, until they are in a situation in which they need a firearm to protect themselves or a loved one. And, God Bless Them, by then it may be too late to learn the lesson and live to tell about it.

    Carry on my friends, Proudly Carry On
    I own 11 firearms. 2 of them were bought through private parties. that is less than 20%. Not 40%. lol
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

  6. #6
    Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    mauston wi
    Posts
    849
    i own 5 firearms and none of them were private sale so thats 0%

    i have sold 3 firearms privately but they were going to a guy on the west coast and we shipped thru his local dealer but he had to do a background check to clear him thru the dealer he used so im still at 0%
    SCOTT

    "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

    "When seconds count police are minutes away"

    "Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

    http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

  7. #7
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320
    The only way WAVE can garnish support is to alter the facts to support their agenda. If asked to show documentation or prove their data you will be pummeled with a stuffed rabbit. Thats only if PITA isn't looking. People are beginning to see through the lies, making it much harder for these organizations to make their donation quotas. The only hope they have is to sensationalize and attempt to capitalize on intentionally altered data and pray you aren't smart enough to figure it out.

    Don't much care for false Prophets.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    They throw a number out there, repeat, repeat, it gets published, becomes "commonly accepted knowledge," to be repeated, repeated by the sheeple, which is used as "support" to get prohibitions passed.

    How many times have you seen the 90% of Mexican cartel guns come from the United States lie quoted as fact?

    It's important to answer any misinformation presented as fact in an article or in a comment with the full story and logic.
    I've always loved that lil "fact", it's not like they can already get there hands on fully automatic weapons,Grenades, mortars,Plate armor...etc. from thier own corrupt army. Yea, seems logical that they would use semi-auto's imported from the US of A **Insert Sarchasm here***

    -Landose-
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

  9. #9
    Regular Member Yooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houghton County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Landose_theghost View Post
    I've always loved that lil "fact", it's not like they can already get there hands on fully automatic weapons,Grenades, mortars,Plate armor...etc. from thier own corrupt army. Yea, seems logical that they would use semi-auto's imported from the US of A **Insert Sarchasm here***

    -Landose-
    And just to clarify for those who don't know, the real number is around 17% (I think that's what I read). The 90% comes from guns that the ATF determined highly likely as coming from the U.S. (such as U.S. serial numbers). So of the guns that the ATF believes originated in the U.S., 90% of them are from the U.S., however the vast majority of them, 80%+ the ATF has determined that they DO NOT originate in the U.S.
    Rand Paul 2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •