• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Gun Debate Zeroes In On Wisconsin

jpm84092

Wave lies

WAVE is claiming that 40% of all firearm sales are private, and thus not subject to background checks. Now, my good friends, I ask you, how is it that WAVE is privy to "private" firearm transfers of ownership. Perhaps they used the corner gypsy and a crystal ball?

WAVE and their ilk have the advantage; the first amendment allows them to tell blatant lies disguised as fact. And the Sheeple believe and go Baaaa. Baaaad Guns, Baaaad Guns. That is, until they are in a situation in which they need a firearm to protect themselves or a loved one. And, God Bless Them, by then it may be too late to learn the lesson and live to tell about it.

Carry on my friends, Proudly Carry On

Landose_theghost

WAVE is claiming that 40% of all firearm sales are private, and thus not subject to background checks. Now, my good friends, I ask you, how is it that WAVE is privy to "private" firearm transfers of ownership. Perhaps they used the corner gypsy and a crystal ball?

I think they play a game similar to pin the tail on the donkey. Only in place of the donkey (ironic because they're jacka$$es), there are percentages scattered about, and what ever number they land on is from then on,known as "fact". :D

-Landose-

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I think they play a game similar to pin the tail on the donkey. Only in place of the donkey (ironic because they're jacka$$es), there are percentages scattered about, and what ever number they land on is from then on,known as "fact". :D

-Landose-

They throw a number out there, repeat, repeat, it gets published, becomes "commonly accepted knowledge," to be repeated, repeated by the sheeple, which is used as "support" to get prohibitions passed.

How many times have you seen the 90% of Mexican cartel guns come from the United States lie quoted as fact?

It's important to answer any misinformation presented as fact in an article or in a comment with the full story and logic.

Carcharodon

WAVE and their ilk have the advantage; the first amendment allows them to tell blatant lies disguised as fact. And the Sheeple believe and go Baaaa. Baaaad Guns, Baaaad Guns. That is, until they are in a situation in which they need a firearm to protect themselves or a loved one. And, God Bless Them, by then it may be too late to learn the lesson and live to tell about it.

Carry on my friends, Proudly Carry On

I own 11 firearms. 2 of them were bought through private parties. that is less than 20%. Not 40%. lol

oliverclotheshoff

i own 5 firearms and none of them were private sale so thats 0%

i have sold 3 firearms privately but they were going to a guy on the west coast and we shipped thru his local dealer but he had to do a background check to clear him thru the dealer he used so im still at 0%

bigdaddy1

The only way WAVE can garnish support is to alter the facts to support their agenda. If asked to show documentation or prove their data you will be pummeled with a stuffed rabbit. Thats only if PITA isn't looking. People are beginning to see through the lies, making it much harder for these organizations to make their donation quotas. The only hope they have is to sensationalize and attempt to capitalize on intentionally altered data and pray you aren't smart enough to figure it out.

Don't much care for false Prophets.

Landose_theghost

They throw a number out there, repeat, repeat, it gets published, becomes "commonly accepted knowledge," to be repeated, repeated by the sheeple, which is used as "support" to get prohibitions passed.

How many times have you seen the 90% of Mexican cartel guns come from the United States lie quoted as fact?

It's important to answer any misinformation presented as fact in an article or in a comment with the full story and logic.

I've always loved that lil "fact", it's not like they can already get there hands on fully automatic weapons,Grenades, mortars,Plate armor...etc. from thier own corrupt army. Yea, seems logical that they would use semi-auto's imported from the US of A **Insert Sarchasm here***

-Landose-

Yooper

I've always loved that lil "fact", it's not like they can already get there hands on fully automatic weapons,Grenades, mortars,Plate armor...etc. from thier own corrupt army. Yea, seems logical that they would use semi-auto's imported from the US of A **Insert Sarchasm here***

-Landose-

And just to clarify for those who don't know, the real number is around 17% (I think that's what I read). The 90% comes from guns that the ATF determined highly likely as coming from the U.S. (such as U.S. serial numbers). So of the guns that the ATF believes originated in the U.S., 90% of them are from the U.S., however the vast majority of them, 80%+ the ATF has determined that they DO NOT originate in the U.S.