• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New and mad

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
I will try to be a bit gentler than some of the responses you've gotten. But my opinion is going to match what others have said already.

You had no business behind the wheel of a motor vehicle to begin with,
and absolutely no business with a handgun under the circumstances.

In essence, you blew it. Badly.

As for dark skin with tatoos, I'm sorry but that doesn't wash either.
I took my CCW class last Saturday, and the instructor is a dark skinned man with an abundance of tats. He also has a long service record that includes sheriff's offices in two states, FBI, CIA, plus army shooting instructor and shooting instructor for Navy Seals. He has a distinguished law enforcement career and now owns a business of his own that trains people in handgun courses, security teams and personal protection agents.

Bottom line, you done wrong.
But don't look badly on the situation. Don't be angry.
Learn from the experience and become a more responsible citizen as a result.
You've got a great opportunity here to turn your direction around in a positive way, and didn't rack up a manslaughter charge along the way. It may be bad, but it could have been far worse.

The only thing you need to do now is to decide that pointing your finger in another direction still leaves three pointing back in yours. Accept the responsibility of your error, grow beyond it, and learn from it.

Driving a car is a huge responsibility. Owning a firearm is also a huge responsibility.
Neither is the sort of responsibility that is enhanced for the better over a 6 pack of Bud.

I'm pulling for your to take the shot that's coming your way, accept that you were wrong, and strive to be a more responsible citizen from now on. I hope you'll take up that challenge and prove yourself in years to come.

But as for now, I can only hope you make better choices in your life.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

bomber

no, you're not a criminal.

but you did drive after having 5 drinks

don't drink and drive. if you do, don't bitch about it when you get caught.

being mexican and tattooed probably had nothing to do with your arrest. drinking 5 beers did. own up to it, learn from it, and move on.