Thread: Good inexpensive gun ranges for locals?

Good inexpensive gun ranges for locals?

Where do you guys shoot?

I've seen a couple online but they seem mostly to be an attraction for tourists, and fairly pricey for a membership!

Are there any inexpensive ones? Perhaps outdoors would be less pricey?

Moving in the next couple months to the area from Canada.

I liked the Clark County outdoor range but it is on the other side of town. I prefer to make my own targets at my shop and go off the 15 to the "sand pit" on the way to Sloan/Jean Nevada. It is located at

Range locations

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...97782be565&z=9

County shooting park http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/depts/p...ting-park.aspx

28kfps
    If you are looking for an indoor range, I like Discount firearms. They will let you use your own ammo however will want to check the ammo you plan to use. I had some cheaper ammo I purchased on line and they let me use it. In addition, they have no problem with open carrying. They will let you carry into the range however the rules is not to remove it from the holster until in the both up to the shooting line and facing the target. www.discountfirearmsinc.com

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    If you are looking for an indoor range, I like Discount firearms. They will let you use your own ammo however will want to check the ammo you plan to use. I had some cheaper ammo I purchased on line and they let me use it. In addition, they have no problem with open carrying. They will let you carry into the range however the rules is not to remove it from the holster until in the both up to the shooting line and facing the target. www.discountfirearmsinc.com

Some of the better prices in town as well, low pressure sales people working there who don't try to talk you out of buying the one you like to sell you on the one they like.

The CCSP is really nice, its only $7 and the range masters are really cool. Its also a good place to take kids if they want to learn to shoot in a positive environment. An did I mention the beautiful view of the mountains in front of you and the strip behind you?
    Last edited by DoubleAgentMan; 02-02-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Desert Sportsmans Rifle and Pistol Club on Charleston Blvd about 2 miles West of SR 215. An outdoor facility with 9 different ranges from short to 900 yds.

Annual dues are modest and a discount to the old farts like me. Only $75 for the year for me. I think about $200 for the younger folks. Supervised and very clean and well equipped.

Can't you shoot on BLM land there ?
    much of Nevada is BLM land and that's Public land.

Robin47

BLM land is totally legal as long as you're not in a congested area. Some people just don't like going outdoors.

Thanks for all the helpful responses! The map that was provided was great! Nice to be able to see some recommended places for shooting in the desert!

The county one looks nice but also may be quite a drive - nice place to head for a long outing maybe. We're planning on living south.

Again, thanks! Very helpful!
    Last edited by jdholmes; 02-27-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrey123 View Post
    BLM land is totally legal as long as you're not in a congested area. Some people just don't like going outdoors.
    Thanks Jfrey123, I ask because some land here in PRK Kalifornia BLM land, you can only shoot in one
    area, on that BLM land, unless your hunting with license. And you can't "Target shoot", except
    in one area. That's Tehama county, CA.
    I'm thinking of moving to The free state of Nevada this summer.

Robin47