• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News article concerning Kwikrnu

Status
Not open for further replies.

eb31

I read it today. I'm glad dipshits lawsuit was thrown out. He's an idiot who doesn't ever need to have a permit to carry again.

Erik88

the comments are interesting. Kwik himself gets in on the debate.

KBCraig

Every time a gun rights advocates worry about what the antis will think and do because of someone else's actions, I have to shake my head.

Look: if someone has a problem with a specific person's actions, they need to take it up with that person, not me. Pro-gun folks who fret and worry and want to shut down kwikrnu are actually feeding into the anti-gun mindset: that all people should be restricted from guns because of what some few might do.

slowfiveoh

Every time a gun rights advocates worry about what the antis will think and do because of someone else's actions, I have to shake my head.

Look: if someone has a problem with a specific person's actions, they need to take it up with that person, not me. Pro-gun folks who fret and worry and want to shut down kwikrnu are actually feeding into the anti-gun mindset: that all people should be restricted from guns because of what some few might do.

Winnah Winnah, Chicken Dinnah!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Very true.

It is for this reason that I would say to those who seem to have the biggest problem with Leonard: "Physician, heal thyself!"

HvyMtl

Hmm. Interesting Kwik would write comments on the comment section of the story, but refuses to be interviewed.

If you want to comment directly to Brian Haas, he has actually joined tngunowners.com forum for direct input on his stories from actual gun owners, a rare thing in media, this day and age. Pretty fair peace, particularly since the Tennessean is very Anti.

As for Kwik, the main concern is this: Those who have a fear and lack of understanding of firearms, and their respective owners, react very poorly to actions like Kwikrnu's. Typically, what they will do is run, screaming, to the government to do something to prevent such actions again. So, it is the fear Kwikrnu's actions will create new anti laws. Valid concern? Many would say yes, others no, and has been argued here ad nauseum.

To reiterate my issues with Kwikrnu: He failed to take the safety of the general public, and the officers responding to him, in mind, and he stated he was not responsible, morally, or legally, for them. In addition, he stated he is not for the expansion of the rights of the gun owner, but expansion of his rights, even if he may damage the rights of others. And he stated, he believes if he cannot have a certain right, then others should not have that right. Not exactly the hero some make him out to be.

At least, it seems, he has learned his lesson with pro se litigation, and has hired an attorney this time.

And, too bad he would not go ahead and be interviewed, as I believe, his public perspective could have been improved, or, at least, his intent better explained.

I do hope Kwikrnu changes his mind, and does an interview. I would like the journalist to ask some specifics, like the reason behind why he canceled his law granted appeal to the suspension of his carry permit. Why he believes the carry permit law is not constitutional, both federal, and state levels (even though the state constitution allows for gun regulation for the safety of the public.) Why he went the sensationalist route to end the Belle Meade City Code, rather than showing up to a public hearing, and merely request the code be removed, before going out and showing its absurdity in public.

Last edited:

eb31

To reiterate my issues with Kwikrnu: He failed to take the safety of the general public, and the officers responding to him, in mind, and he stated he was not responsible, morally, or legally, for them. In addition, he stated he is not for the expansion of the rights of the gun owner, but expansion of his rights, even if he may damage the rights of others. And he stated, he believes if he cannot have a certain right, then others should not have that right.

Not exactly the hero some make him out to be.

Exactly! Well said.

M

McX

i still like the guy, even though he got tossed off of here. he goes to the edge, i can respect that; if no one goes to the edge, we wont know where the edge is, and will always stay in the area of relative safety, gaining nothing, challenging nothing...............like sheep.

Erik88

i still like the guy, even though he got tossed off of here. he goes to the edge, i can respect that; if no one goes to the edge, we wont know where the edge is, and will always stay in the area of relative safety, gaining nothing, challenging nothing...............like sheep.

why don't you "go to the edge". I'll keep an eye out for you on CNN

WCrawford

why don't you "go to the edge". I'll keep an eye out for you on CNN

How about I go to the egde? Especially since I live in Nashville, I can go to the edge at the Capitol.

If all you want to do is hide behind some permission slip and be content with your eroding freedoms, fine. But don't insult those who actually are taking the time to fight for our rights and put the spotlight on criminals with badges.

Last edited:

Kingfish

How about I go to the egde? Especially since I live in Nashville, I can go to the edge at the Capitol.

If all you want to do is hide behind some permission slip and be content with your eroding freedoms, fine. But don't insult those who actually are taking the time to fight for XXourXX their rights with admited disregard of others rights and put the spotlight on criminals with badges.
Fixed.

Keep in mind that Kwik has said repeatedly that he cares nothing for the rights of others and that if he is not allowed a right or a privilage that noone should.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Mr. Crawford was saying that Kwik is fighting for OUR rights which he clearly is not.

That may not be his intent. Furthermore, you and I may disagree on whether selfishly fighting for one's own rights serves the function of fighting for others' rights as well.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

That may not be his intent. Furthermore, you and I may disagree on whether selfishly fighting for one's own rights serves the function of fighting for others' rights as well.

Rosa Parks comes to mind, seeing as how this is "Black" History Month. If you 'selfishly' protect your rights, you protect mine, as well--even to the extent of the law of unintended consequences. While I didn't agree with a lot of what he avowed--or some of his tactics, in general I was sympathetic to him and found some of the collusion the cop world committed against him disgusting, but hardly surprising.

Kingfish

Rosa Parks comes to mind, seeing as how this is "Black" History Month. If you 'selfishly' protect your rights, you protect mine, as well--even to the extent of the law of unintended consequences. While I didn't agree with a lot of what he avowed--or some of his tactics, in general I was sympathetic to him and found some of the collusion the cop world committed against him disgusting, but hardly surprising.
I too was sympathetic (a guy walking in the woods with a legal firearm) until I found out it was all planned out to sue and get a paycheck. How about when he said that if he couldn't get his "right" to carry back that he would do what he could so that noone could carry?

WCrawford

Fixed.

Keep in mind that Kwik has said repeatedly that he cares nothing for the rights of others and that if he is not allowed a right or a privilage that noone should.

Whether he or anyone cares about another rights matters little. The effect of removal of unconstitutional laws and cessation of harassment by criminals with badges improves the rights of everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.