• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jan Brewer Defends Arizona Firearms Laws Following Undercover Gun Show Video

eye95

What???

You can buy a gun at a gun show without a background check? What news!

Arizona does not fall under the jurisdiction of the mayor of New York City? What news!

Mayor Bloomberg: If you don't want folks to buy guns from private individuals without a background check, pass that requirement (if you haven't already) in your city. Personally, I think AZ's approach to the RKBA is wiser than yours, especially considering the relative crime rates of the two jurisdictions (despite the added problem AZ has of criminals pouring over the border into their State, bringing horrific violent crime with them). Get your big government nose out of the business of a free State. Stop trying to make the citizens of AZ as helpless as you keep the subjects living in NYC.

Sonora Rebel

I just sent this off to Russell Pearce... AZ state Senate leader"
To: rpearce@azleg.gov
Subject: Private sale of firearms (so-called gun show loophole) possible solution (?)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 12:35:32 -0700

Sir:

I'm a gun owner... open carrier normally but I have an AZ CWP. Of late... the national media attention to Mayor Bloomburg's grandstanding at the recent Phoenix gunshow puts Arizona in a bad light. Hiring someone to make a straw purchase of a firearm (for whatever reason) is a felony. That however is not the gist of my possible solution.

The AZ CWP is no longer required intra-state, but certain situations may require the bearer to possess one. As you are aware, anyone not otherwise prohibited (GCA68 44 ~ 18USC / ARS 13-3101) at age 18 may do the following:

'Handgun – 18 years of age to possess or purchase via private party transaction, 21 years of age to purchase from a federally licensed firearms dealer.'

'Rifle or Shotgun – 18 years of age to possess or purchase via private party transaction, 21 years of age to purchase from a federally licensed firearms dealer.'

My suggested solution(s) are:

1. Eliminate the age limit of 21 to purchase from an FFL dealer.

2. Require that a valid AZ CWP be presented in all private sales as well as a valid AZ drivers license. The CWP satisfys the continual contention of 'backgound check' during a private sale.

3. Reduce the age limit for the AZ CWP to 18.

None of us who carry firearms want prohibited persons to obtain or own them (for the common good and public safety). While I personally find 'permits' in the free exercise of a right to be onerous, I recognize certain problems in verification of eligibility not satisfied in the absence of a BATF Form 4473 insta-check via an FFL dealer.

It's not enough to do nothing... Please accept this suggestion in good faith.

me
address/phone

I live here... 'n I'd love to see that bombastic yankee Bloomturd wearin' pink skivvies in Sheriff Joe's jail up in Maricopa.

Last edited:

SFCRetired

snip: I live here... 'n I'd love to see that bombastic yankee Bloomturd wearin' pink skivvies in Sheriff Joe's jail up in Maricopa.

Hmmmmm, wonder if your state's Attorney General would support indicting Bloomberg on a charge of "Conspiracy to commit a felony"? Wonder how long it would take an Arizona jury to find him guilty and an Arizona judge to issue an arrest warrant?

Just thinking, but I'd pay good money and drive all the way to Arizona for the privilege of taking pictures of Bloomburg in pink skivvies!!:D

By the way, please discontinue using just half a word in your sentences. Here in the South, it's "damyankee" and has been for many years.:banana:

Sonora Rebel

snip: I live here... 'n I'd love to see that bombastic yankee Bloomturd wearin' pink skivvies in Sheriff Joe's jail up in Maricopa.

Hmmmmm, wonder if your state's Attorney General would support indicting Bloomberg on a charge of "Conspiracy to commit a felony"? Wonder how long it would take an Arizona jury to find him guilty and an Arizona judge to issue an arrest warrant?

Just thinking, but I'd pay good money and drive all the way to Arizona for the privilege of taking pictures of Bloomburg in pink skivvies!!:D

By the way, please discontinue using just half a word in your sentences. Here in the South, it's "damyankee" and has been for many years.:banana:

Actually... we're even further south than Alabama (in the previous Confederate Territory of Arizona) 'n the expletive used among cowboys is usually g'damf'kinyankeesumb'tch. It's an ancient Hohokum NDN expression.

TOF

I understand your good intentions Sonora but I don't believe additional regulation is in order. I do believe an arrest warrant for all participants in the straw purchase operation is in order. The Mayor of New York, scumbag or not, has no right to break the law by conspiring in a straw purchase.

CalicoJack10

I understand your good intentions Sonora but I don't believe additional regulation is in order. I do believe an arrest warrant for all participants in the straw purchase operation is in order. The Mayor of New York, scumbag or not, has no right to break the law by conspiring in a straw purchase.

I have to add my +1 to this, but the unfortunate truth is that this man is a billionare, and will likely be able to buy his way out of any trouble that he gets into for doing this, sad but true.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I have to add my +1 to this, but the unfortunate truth is that this man is a billionare, and will likely be able to buy his way out of any trouble that he gets into for doing this, sad but true.

Then little rich man needs to go play with his money and stop poking his nose into issues about which he obviously knows very little.