Thread: How's that Gun Ban going?

How's that Gun Ban going?

Anti's say that if we had a complete, national firearm "ban", things would be MUCH better. Bloomberg, New York City Mayor, says if the US had a gun ban, NYC's violent crime rate would be non-existent because neighboring states are to blame. Being an island, imho the UK is a model test of that theory. Here is the latest "data":

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...frica-U-S.html

(If this link becomes unusable at some time in the future, I will email the .pdf copy that I made... email me: drtoddw at gmail dot com)
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Banned
    Sounds like mexicos gun problem, our fault too. This is like saying the blizzard is because of global warming.

It's all been said before...

The gun ban is working exactly as the government expected since gun bans are not done to reduce crime but as a step to achieve complete control of the populace.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Banned
    Crime pays. The .gov makes a fortune from crime, everything from added taxes for law enforcement, to fines and fees for years from the criminals, to the taxes generated from our purchases we make to replace what is loss as a result of the criminals actions, to health care costs for the same reasons, drugs and property siezed from the criminals and taxes and property gained from the death of the victims, special programs, research, and on and on and on it goes.

Gun control is a multi billion dollar a year business. An armed populace simply does not need a police force, all they would be doing is hiding behind billboards and bushes waiting to steal from the people for breaking one of their traffic club rules.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    I'm an idiot
    Last edited by Venator; 02-02-2011 at 04:59 PM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Noticed Australia is second...hum... I'm sure strict gun control has nothing to do with this.....................
    That says Austria not Austrailia.

Edit : I thought the same thing when I first read over it. Then realized it was Austria. Surprised Austrailia isn't higher on the list anyway.
    Last edited by VW_Factor; 02-02-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Angry

It's doing fine as intended.Control the law abiding(the majority of the people) by using the 'law".
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    That says Austria not Austrailia.
    Damn old age, and poor reading comprehension.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

The gun ban seems to be working for Egypt. Their government is corrupt and not removing itself despite the people's cries, and the people are virtually powerless to stop it. This would all already be over already if they had guns.

And here people thought the second amendment was about hunting.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by malignity View Post
    The gun ban seems to be working for Egypt. Their government is corrupt and not removing itself despite the people's cries, and the people are virtually powerless to stop it. This would all already be over already if they had guns.

But the news said they have baseball bats,crowbars and molotov cocktails!Don't that count?
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Yup ham&eggs like the old saying ( like bringing a Knife to a Gun fight !)

Quote Originally Posted by malignity View Post

Just hope people here in The U.S. start to realize this… (what the second amendment is really about)...

Banned
    They won't know what they have got until its gone.

Bad argument

The 'ban guns' argument is not well considered.

If we look at the REAL beneficiaries of the right to bear arms, it's the old and infirm. After all, conceivably, the able-bodied could retreat. BUT the old and infirm, people in wheelchairs, canes and so forth, can NOT retreat, neither can they withstand as much injury. Grave bodily harm is too high of a standard for them.

I digress a bit but the point is, those who are weaker, women, older people, or disabled should have the right to an equalizer and pointed keychains and mace does not dissuade the true predator.

In addition, I think it should be made easier for women, the disabled and the elderly to OC and CC, in fact, why not have government subsidies for their first handgun?

If our g'ment truly cared about our safety they'd enact that tomorrow.

Banned
    I don't want to start down the slippery slope of deciding who is able bodied or to what extent, regarding the exercise of certain rights. I have yet to meet anyone able bodied enough to retreat at a faster rate than a bullet can advance.

Yes, We all know how well Alcohol prohibition worked out, and drug prohibition is keeping this Country off of Drugs as well, so its a natural progression, outlaw guns and the gun crimes goes away. */sarcasm off/*
    live every day like its your last cause one day you will be right

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I don't want to start down the slippery slope of deciding who is able bodied or to what extent, regarding the exercise of certain rights. I have yet to meet anyone able bodied enough to retreat at a faster rate than a bullet can advance.
    Right. I was trying to make a counter-point argument against the idea of a gun ban. Those truly too weak to defend themselves by fighting or running need to have access to lethal (counter)force. So rather than change laws, take into account that some people can't retreat or take punishment (physical assault) and they deserve to be enabled to defend themselves.
    Last edited by Badger Johnson; 02-02-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling

[QUOTE=Badger Johnson;1459641]The 'ban guns' argument is not well considered.

If we look at the REAL beneficiaries of the right to bear arms, it's the old and infirm. After all, conceivably, the able-bodied could retreat. BUT the old and infirm, people in wheelchairs, canes and so forth, can NOT retreat, neither can they withstand as much injury. Grave bodily harm is too high of a standard for them.

I digress a bit but the point is, those who are weaker, women, older people, or disabled should have the right to an equalizer and pointed keychains and mace does not dissuade the true predator.

In addition, I think it should be made easier for women, the disabled and the elderly to OC and CC, in fact, why not have government subsidies for their first handgun?

If our g'ment truly cared about our safety they'd enact that tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

It's not about safety. it's about control as you well know.

Banned

Thumbs up

True, but the right to defense without having to, or with or without the ability to retreat should belong to everyone. I see where you are coming from, perhaps a better approach would be to better promote the knowledge of the rights and use of those rights to those groupls you have correctly mentioned.