• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How's that Gun Ban going?

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Anti's say that if we had a complete, national firearm "ban", things would be MUCH better. Bloomberg, New York City Mayor, says if the US had a gun ban, NYC's violent crime rate would be non-existent because neighboring states are to blame. Being an island, imho the UK is a model test of that theory. Here is the latest "data":

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ry-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html

(If this link becomes unusable at some time in the future, I will email the .pdf copy that I made... email me: drtoddw at gmail dot com)

Freedom First

It's all been said before...

The gun ban is working exactly as the government expected since gun bans are not done to reduce crime but as a step to achieve complete control of the populace.

stainless1911

Banned
Crime pays. The .gov makes a fortune from crime, everything from added taxes for law enforcement, to fines and fees for years from the criminals, to the taxes generated from our purchases we make to replace what is loss as a result of the criminals actions, to health care costs for the same reasons, drugs and property siezed from the criminals and taxes and property gained from the death of the victims, special programs, research, and on and on and on it goes.

Gun control is a multi billion dollar a year business. An armed populace simply does not need a police force, all they would be doing is hiding behind billboards and bushes waiting to steal from the people for breaking one of their traffic club rules.

VW_Factor

Noticed Australia is second...hum... I'm sure strict gun control has nothing to do with this.....................:banghead:

That says Austria not Austrailia.

Edit : I thought the same thing when I first read over it. Then realized it was Austria. Surprised Austrailia isn't higher on the list anyway.

Last edited:

Haman J.T.

It's doing fine as intended.Control the law abiding(the majority of the people) by using the 'law".

malignity

The gun ban seems to be working for Egypt. Their government is corrupt and not removing itself despite the people's cries, and the people are virtually powerless to stop it. This would all already be over already if they had guns.

And here people thought the second amendment was about hunting.

Haman J.T.

The gun ban seems to be working for Egypt. Their government is corrupt and not removing itself despite the people's cries, and the people are virtually powerless to stop it. This would all already be over already if they had guns.

But the news said they have baseball bats,crowbars and molotov cocktails!Don't that count?

reillo584

Just hope people here in The U.S. start to realize this… (what the second amendment is really about)... :banghead:

Badger Johnson

Bad argument

The 'ban guns' argument is not well considered.

If we look at the REAL beneficiaries of the right to bear arms, it's the old and infirm. After all, conceivably, the able-bodied could retreat. BUT the old and infirm, people in wheelchairs, canes and so forth, can NOT retreat, neither can they withstand as much injury. Grave bodily harm is too high of a standard for them.

I digress a bit but the point is, those who are weaker, women, older people, or disabled should have the right to an equalizer and pointed keychains and mace does not dissuade the true predator.

In addition, I think it should be made easier for women, the disabled and the elderly to OC and CC, in fact, why not have government subsidies for their first handgun?

If our g'ment truly cared about our safety they'd enact that tomorrow.

stainless1911

Banned
I don't want to start down the slippery slope of deciding who is able bodied or to what extent, regarding the exercise of certain rights. I have yet to meet anyone able bodied enough to retreat at a faster rate than a bullet can advance.

pmcqueen37

Yes, We all know how well Alcohol prohibition worked out, and drug prohibition is keeping this Country off of Drugs as well, so its a natural progression, outlaw guns and the gun crimes goes away. */sarcasm off/*

Badger Johnson

I don't want to start down the slippery slope of deciding who is able bodied or to what extent, regarding the exercise of certain rights. I have yet to meet anyone able bodied enough to retreat at a faster rate than a bullet can advance.

Right. I was trying to make a counter-point argument against the idea of a gun ban. Those truly too weak to defend themselves by fighting or running need to have access to lethal (counter)force. So rather than change laws, take into account that some people can't retreat or take punishment (physical assault) and they deserve to be enabled to defend themselves.

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
The 'ban guns' argument is not well considered.

If we look at the REAL beneficiaries of the right to bear arms, it's the old and infirm. After all, conceivably, the able-bodied could retreat. BUT the old and infirm, people in wheelchairs, canes and so forth, can NOT retreat, neither can they withstand as much injury. Grave bodily harm is too high of a standard for them.

I digress a bit but the point is, those who are weaker, women, older people, or disabled should have the right to an equalizer and pointed keychains and mace does not dissuade the true predator.

In addition, I think it should be made easier for women, the disabled and the elderly to OC and CC, in fact, why not have government subsidies for their first handgun?

If our g'ment truly cared about our safety they'd enact that tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

It's not about safety. it's about control as you well know.

stainless1911

Banned
True, but the right to defense without having to, or with or without the ability to retreat should belong to everyone. I see where you are coming from, perhaps a better approach would be to better promote the knowledge of the rights and use of those rights to those groupls you have correctly mentioned.