Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April 6, 2011 - 2nd amendment / gun rights rally day

April 6, 2011 - 2nd amendment / gun rights rally day

Will be held in Jefferson City at the Capitol on APRIL 6, 2011 a Wednesday on the 1st Floor Rotunda,

Time 10:00am to 12:00pm (Noon)
    Access Time 8:00are (for all who are setting up or running the Rally)

(Copied from missouricarry.com}

May I suggest that we OC'ers try to support this? I believe that this applies to all 2A Not just CCW.

Chiang can you add this as a reminder to the MOOC site?
    Luke 22:36 :...if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by J XD View Post
    Will be held in Jefferson City at the Capitol on APRIL 6, 2011 a Wednesday on the 1st Floor Rotunda,

May I suggest that we OC'ers try to support this? I believe that this applies to all 2A Not just CCW.

Will do!
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Its up!
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Do we know what really goes on here yet? If we can have a booth, or speak, or something? Or if we can even carry?

It would be nice to be there in support of the 2A but kind of a moot point for OC if we can't at least talk, or at least carry. One of the two.

It'd be like going there and whispering amongst the crowd "hey, have you heard of that thing they call open carry?"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    Do we know what really goes on here yet? If we can have a booth, or speak, or something? Or if we can even carry?

It would be nice to be there in support of the 2A but kind of a moot point for OC if we can't at least talk, or at least carry. One of the two.

It'd be like going there and whispering amongst the crowd "hey, have you heard of that thing they call open carry?"
    Lol, I know what you are saying. I had a conversation with a friend of mine who is a capitol police officer and the answer to carrying (in any manner) is no. I think I will post a thread tonight on missouricarry.com or see if I can't get a hold of any organizers.
    Nonetheless, we can still pass out cards, mingle, and show our support for 2A day.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

I agree with you both. I would want to push for some mic time to at least address the public and introduce who we are. Publicity (in the right light) is a great thing.
    The God of War hates those who hesitate. - Euripides

why would they pick a location to host a gun rights convention when they cant exercise their gun rights?

The reason why we hold an annual Gun Rights Rally at the State Capitol Building each year is because it is the location that puts us closest to our legislators. In fact, the entire idea behind the rally is for all of the attendees to visit their reps after all of the speeches are over and say "hi" and then politely encourage them to support whatever pro-gun legislation happens to be on the agenda for that session. This is a way for us to let our legislators know that we are many, and that we have a vested interest in less restrictions on gun owners/users. In short, it wouldn't make much sense to have the rally in an area where we could all walk around armed just for the visual "impact" it would create as such a venue would not lend itself to achieving the goal(s) of the rally.

As for getting some mic time; I would suggest that you get in touch with a member named bowtie on Missouri Carry as a starting point. He is helping to organize the event. Not sure if you can actually set up a table or booth (space in the rotunda is limited), but you might be able to secure a few minutes behind the microphone.

Also, to answer the question above, as per RSMO 571.030.1.(8), carrying any firearm into any building owned by the state government is a Class B misdemeanor. If you have a valid concealed carry endorsement, it is not a criminal offense, but may subject you to denial to the premises, or removal from the premises. Obviously, if you refused to leave, it would be trespassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post

From the drift I get from over on mocarry.com you will be treated like a knuckle dragging, bow legged , one eyed monster that might be a threat to their sanctimonious CCW and even might make them look bad. Good luck with the whispering.

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    From the drift I get from over on mocarry.com you will be treated like a knuckle dragging, bow legged , one eyed monster that might be a threat to their sanctimonious CCW and even might make them look bad. Good luck with the whispering.
    It is not a CCW or a MO Carry event. It is a Second Amendment Rally. Many people without ties to MO Carry will be in attendance.

Not sure if I want to attend this lol. I just got my CCW ( would prefer OC ) and I'm an avid gun rights supporter,but I'm just not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    Not sure if I want to attend this lol. I just got my CCW ( would prefer OC ) and I'm an avid gun rights supporter,but I'm just not sure.
    There are many 2nd amendment groups, many goals. But there is power in numbers. In the legislative world money and voters matter! You may not agree with everything ever group promotes but if you want changes in the laws... better show up in numbers.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Information Please

Can anyone direct me to where I can find the Open Carry Laws, regulations or statutes for Laclede County. I have my CCW but I dont feel that I should have to hide it. Also are there any OC Clubs in the area?
    Thanks in advance

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaryD69 View Post
    Can anyone direct me to where I can find the Open Carry Laws, regulations or statutes for Laclede County. I have my CCW but I dont feel that I should have to hide it. Also are there any OC Clubs in the area?
    Thanks in advance
    Not on my list.
    http://www.municode.com/Library/Clie...spx?stateID=25
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Thanks anyway?
    As soon as I find somethingI will post it

Quote Originally Posted by CaryD69 View Post
    Thanks in advance
    You will probably be better off to look up the ordinances for the townships/municipalities/cities in the county rather than looking for county ordinances. From my experience, most rural counties don't address the carrying of firearms in their codes.

Quote Originally Posted by J XD View Post

The following OC Bill has been introduced in the Missouri House:

FIRST REGULAR SESSION
    HOUSE BILL NO. 841
    96TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY

INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES FITZWATER (Sponsor), JONES (89), FRAKER, ASBURY, LASATER, COOKSON, BARNES, ELMER, HAMPTON AND REDMON (Co-sponsors).
    1393L.03I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk

AN ACT
    To amend chapter 571, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to the open carry of firearms.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:

Section A. Chapter 571, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 571.037, to read as follows:
    571.037. Notwithstanding any other provision of state law or local ordinance any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement may openly carry firearms on or about his or her person or within a vehicle.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    The following OC Bill has been introduced in the Missouri House:

FIRST REGULAR SESSION
    HOUSE BILL NO. 841
    96TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY

INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES FITZWATER (Sponsor), JONES (89), FRAKER, ASBURY, LASATER, COOKSON, BARNES, ELMER, HAMPTON AND REDMON (Co-sponsors).
    1393L.03I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk

AN ACT
    To amend chapter 571, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to the open carry of firearms.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:

Section A. Chapter 571, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 571.037, to read as follows:
    571.037. Notwithstanding any other provision of state law or local ordinance any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement may openly carry firearms on or about his or her person or within a vehicle.
    Would love to see that amended as follows:

Notwithstanding any other provision of state law or local ordinance any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement is not otherwise prohibited by state law may openly carry firearms on or about his or her person or within a vehicle.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-12-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Would love to see that amended as follows:

Notwithstanding any other provision of state law or local ordinance any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement is not otherwise prohibited by state law may openly carry firearms on or about his or her person or within a vehicle.
    I sure see your point..... Would be difficult at this point though. I fully agree the "Local" thing is a pain.

There are 2 buses being provided from supporting groups in Missouri.

GCLA is sponsoring a free bus from St. Louis.
    Information can be found here: http://www.gclastl.org/

WMSA has a bus leaving from KC. The bus will be $20.
    Information can be found here: http://www.wmsa.net/

I hope to see everyone there.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSTL View Post
    There are 2 buses being provided from supporting groups in Missouri.

GCLA is sponsoring a free bus from St. Louis.
    Information can be found here: http://www.gclastl.org/

WMSA has a bus leaving from KC. The bus will be $20.
    Information can be found here: http://www.wmsa.net/

I hope to see everyone there.
    I'll be there!

I'll be there!
    Do you plan to take the bus? I'm hoping I'll know someone.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSTL View Post
    Do you plan to take the bus? I'm hoping I'll know someone.
    No, i have other stops to make and may stay a while.... Besides I just can't go out without my best friend by my side... Sig, see?

Of course my friend wil wait for me while I'm insdie, got a very secure lock box for it.
    Last edited by mspgunner; 04-04-2011 at 02:33 PM.

No, i have other stops to make and may stay a while.... Besides I just can't go out without my best friend by my side... Sig, see?

Of course my friend wil wait for me while I'm insdie, got a very secure lock box for it.
    I was thinking about driving so I can bring my gun as well. I'm not looking forward to being unarmed for a long amount of time. If I didn't have to work a double on Thursday, I'd drive and stay in Columbia for a bit.

About 100-125 showed up.... By the end of the 2 hours there may have been 30 or 40 left!
    Met a few of the KC OC group, definately more OC support in KC then STL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast