• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

April 6, 2011 - 2nd amendment / gun rights rally day

mspgunner

Do you plan to take the bus? I'm hoping I'll know someone.

No, i have other stops to make and may stay a while.... Besides I just can't go out without my best friend by my side... Sig, see?

Of course my friend wil wait for me while I'm insdie, got a very secure lock box for it.

Last edited:

StevenSTL

No, i have other stops to make and may stay a while.... Besides I just can't go out without my best friend by my side... Sig, see?

Of course my friend wil wait for me while I'm insdie, got a very secure lock box for it.

I was thinking about driving so I can bring my gun as well. I'm not looking forward to being unarmed for a long amount of time. If I didn't have to work a double on Thursday, I'd drive and stay in Columbia for a bit.

mspgunner

About 100-125 showed up.... By the end of the 2 hours there may have been 30 or 40 left!
Met a few of the KC OC group, definately more OC support in KC then STL.

cshoff

About 100-125 showed up.... By the end of the 2 hours there may have been 30 or 40 left!
Met a few of the KC OC group, definately more OC support in KC then STL.

I stayed until the end of the speakers, but had to high-tail it out of there promptly thereafter. Would have been nice to see more people show up, but I guess 2nd Amendment issues aren't a priority for everyone.

Good seeing you again today, Marc.

ChiangShih

I enjoyed the rally, it was nice to see such a large turnout. I also enjoyed meeting some of the other guys from missouricarry and opencarry.

I enjoyed the photos mspgunner took as well. I put some up on my facebook.

You should post a couple of the group shots gunner!

cshoff

I enjoyed the rally, it was nice to see such a large turnout. I also enjoyed meeting some of the other guys from missouricarry and opencarry.

I enjoyed the photos mspgunner took as well. I put some up on my facebook.

You should post a couple of the group shots gunner!

If I would have known you were there, I would have made it a point to say "hi". Sorry I missed you.

ChiangShih

If I would have known you were there, I would have made it a point to say "hi". Sorry I missed you.

Hah, we probably saw each other but didn't have a clue. I was in the back by mspgunner for the mid-later part of the event. Those chairs were to uncomfortable to sit in for that long, lol.

John563

I had a good time at the gun rally yesterday. Nice to meet mspgunner and to see a few of the MOOC group there. I did not meet any one from the Missouri carry group except Tim Oliver we did stop by just to say hi. He was busy so we did not stay to talk. I did get to see a few from Missouri carry so now I can at last put faces to their names, Bowtie, Armed Xing Guard and Stu, I would have liked to have met more OC’ers from St Louis side and to have seen more people in attendance, maybe next year I know people have to work.

kcgunfan

It was interesting. I sat through the entire thing, a couple rows in front of where Chiang sat. All I heard was what they had done, and nothing about what the next steps were. Would have liked to hear more about the future than bragging about what had been done (not that we've not come a long ways in the past 10 years or so.)