• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Magazine ban sneaking into FAA Bill

billv

From this: http://www.nationalgunrights.org/magazine-ban-sneaking-in-now/

Magazine Ban Sneaking in Now!
Posted on February 2, 2011 by NAGR Staff

I’ve just received word from inside sources in the U.S. Senate.

Senate Democrats are planning to execute a sneak attack on gun rights as soon as TODAY!

Their plan is to sneak Carolyn McCarthy’s Magazine Ban into law as an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration Bill, a routine piece of generally non-controversial legislation.

And they hope YOU won’t notice.

That’s why you and I need to make our voices heard RIGHT NOW!

We need to let them know we’re watching them like a hawk!

Please call your Senators right now.

Make sure they know about this scheme and that they must oppose Carolyn McCarthy’s Magazine Ban every step of the way whether it’s attached as an amendment or not.

And make sure they know you’re watching.

Thanks for taking action.

March Hare

From this: http://www.nationalgunrights.org/magazine-ban-sneaking-in-now/

Magazine Ban Sneaking in Now!
Posted on February 2, 2011 by NAGR Staff

I’ve just received word from inside sources in the U.S. Senate.

Senate Democrats are planning to execute a sneak attack on gun rights as soon as TODAY!

Their plan is to sneak Carolyn McCarthy’s Magazine Ban into law as an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration Bill, a routine piece of generally non-controversial legislation.

And they hope YOU won’t notice.

That’s why you and I need to make our voices heard RIGHT NOW!

We need to let them know we’re watching them like a hawk!

Please call your Senators right now.

Make sure they know about this scheme and that they must oppose Carolyn McCarthy’s Magazine Ban every step of the way whether it’s attached as an amendment or not.

And make sure they know you’re watching.

Thanks for taking action.

I didn't see a cite for this on their site, do you have any more information on this bill?

-MH

Edit: I found this:

From OnlyGunsandMoney.blogspot.com (http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2011/02/magazine-ban-in-faa-bill.html):

Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Magazine Ban In FAA Bill?
There have been emails and blog posts racing across the Internet today about an attempt to slip Carolyn McCarthy's magazine bill into a non-controversial FAA Modernization Bill.

I got the email forwarded to me by Grass Roots North Carolina. I have seen other versions sent out by the Virginia Citizens Defense League on the War On Guns. Even Instapundit has it.

The source of the rumor is the National Association for Gun Rights.

Checking the amendments submitted for S. 223, FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act, as published in the Congressional Record, I don't find anything remotely concerned with a magazine ban.While Senator Frank Lautenberg does have three amendments submitted, they deal with smoking, the time for the improvements to take place, and staffing at Newark Airport.

This is not to say that there won't be an attempt to insert the language banning standard capacity magazines but rather that no attempt has been made that is verifiable as of now. The Senate is in session today and the topic is debating S. 223.

Posted by John Richardson at 3:39 PM

Text of S. 223: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CREC-2011-02-01/pdf/CREC-2011-02-01-pt1-PgS426-2.pdf#page=1

Last edited:

billv

Someone on another forum called the NRA about this and they said this is a hoax.

Sorry for the confusion. Likely some anti-gun nut trying to get out shorts in a knot.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Someone on another forum called the NRA about this and they said this is a hoax.

Sorry for the confusion. Likely some anti-gun nut trying to get out shorts in a knot.

Either that or trying to make us look bad by getting us to contact a federal agency to complain about a non-existant anti-gun activity.

Let' all of us keep our eyes peeled, and make sure we verify every source before taking action.