Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senate Democrats are planning to execute a sneak attack on gun rights soon as TODAY

Senate Democrats are planning to execute a sneak attack on gun rights soon as TODAY

I've just received word from inside sources in the U.S. Senate.

Senate Democrats are planning to execute a sneak attack on gun rights as soon as TODAY!

Their plan is to sneak Carolyn McCarthy's Magazine Ban into law as an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration Bill, a routine piece of generally non-controversial legislation.

And they hope YOU won't notice.

That's why you and I need to make our voices heard RIGHT NOW!

We need to let them know we're watching them like a hawk!

Please call YOUR Senator today !!!

Make sure they know about this scheme and that they must oppose Carolyn McCarthy's Magazine Ban every step of the way whether it's attached as an amendment or not.

And make sure they know you're watching.

Thanks for taking action,

Dudley Brown

Dudley Brown
    Executive Director
    National Association for Gun Rights
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 02-02-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I doubt this is going to go anywhere without lots of eyes looking at it.

Looks like they're throwing lots of other non-germane amendments at this thing. This has also been thrown at the FAA bill:

S.AMDT.13 Amendment SA 13 proposed by Senator McConnell. (consideration: CR S382-405; text: CR S382)
    To repeal the job-killing health care law and health care-related provisions in the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010.

Now, I'm no fan of the job-killing health care law, but it annoys the snot out of me the way they throw anything and everything at unrelated bills.

McCarthy's current bill is even worse than the 1994 ban because it also prohibits the transfer of existing magazines. Last time the higher capacity mags simply went up in price, but they were still easily available. This time anyone who owned them couldn't sell or give them to anyone else without facing up to 10 years in prison.

McCarthy ought to do at least 10 years in prison for violating her oath of office.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

The magazine ban is a hoax. It was started by a "gun rights" group that doesn't even have a presence on capital hill.
    What happened is that there are a couple of amendments that only edit one part of the FAA bill, and another part that simply bans smoking on charter flights.

Not that we can't trust those slimeballs to try this, though.

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    McCarthy ought to do at least 10 years in prison for violating her oath of office.
    Are you kidding? If things worked that way the halls of Congress would be empty, and the federal prisons (make that "resorts") would be overflowing!

Come to think of it, that sounds like a good start!
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

That is an excellent idea! Every person in Government that has done something that is a complete violation to the constitution should be removed from office!! Yes, I know that is about 99% of them but if we have people who obey and live by the constitution, we would not have 99% of the problems we have now!
    Wisconsin Carry Inc - Founders Club Member
    NRA - Life Member
    3rd generation US Air Force Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post
    The magazine ban is a hoax. It was started by a "gun rights" group that doesn't even have a presence on capital hill.
    What happened is that there are a couple of amendments that only edit one part of the FAA bill, and another part that simply bans smoking on charter flights.

Not that we can't trust those slimeballs to try this, though.
    So, when it is "defeated" by not being included in the FAA bill, Brown scores a "win."
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

FWIW, here's a link as to how this might have gotten started

consider the source

Whether there's an attempt to insert something into the aviation bill, I have no idea. But McCarthy does have a magazine bill and you can read it here:

http://carolynmccarthy.house.gov/upl...azine_bill.pdf
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I've just received word from inside sources in the U.S. Senate.

Senate Democrats are planning to execute a sneak attack on gun rights as soon as TODAY!

Their plan is to sneak Carolyn McCarthy's Magazine Ban into law as an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration Bill, a routine piece of generally non-controversial legislation.

And they hope YOU won't notice.

That's why you and I need to make our voices heard RIGHT NOW!

We need to let them know we're watching them like a hawk!

Please call YOUR Senator today !!!

Make sure they know about this scheme and that they must oppose Carolyn McCarthy's Magazine Ban every step of the way whether it's attached as an amendment or not.

And make sure they know you're watching.

Thanks for taking action,

Dudley Brown

Dudley Brown
    Executive Director
    National Association for Gun Rights
    Could I ask a favor and next time we have an alarmist message such as the one above to include at least a link to an article. We don't need our elected rolling their eyes as the phone calls come cursing in because of unfounded rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    Could I ask a favor and next time we have an alarmist message such as the one above to include at least a link to an article. We don't need our elected rolling their eyes as the phone calls come cursing in because of unfounded rumors.
    Sure I can include links. I treat these messages as fire missions..since McCarthy does have a bill in circulation & I would not put it past the Dems to attach her bill to another bill, thus sneeking into law.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Sure I can include links. I treat these messages as fire missions..since McCarthy does have a bill in circulation & I would not put it past the Dems to attach her bill to another bill, thus sneeking into law.
    Yes I totally understand that and am well with you on the importance of immediate contact with legislators - I just want to be able to tell them "Hey I just read that on Bill xx.x you're trying to sneak some stuff through."

It's easier than "Hey I just read on an interweb forum (made of tubes!!) blah blah blah...)

You should treat them as BS unless you can verify such in the text of bills and amendments.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    You should treat them as BS unless you can verify such in the text of bills and amendments.
    Some of us are busy and don't have time scour the internet looking for the text of this and that bill & this and that amendment. When a pro gun organization say's in a email sent to many thousands of people that the Anti gun libs are going to sneek in a Ban on High cap mags on some other type of legislation bill thats going to be voted on possibly soon, I believe them, WHY ? Because they do that crap all the time.

I don't go into the Nevada forum and spew my opinions... hint, hint...

......---Moderator Comment--
    No forum is restricted by where one lives

Gee whiz, thanks for clearing that up.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 02-03-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Some of us are busy and don't have time scour the internet looking for the text of this and that bill & this and that amendment. When a pro gun organization say's in a email sent to many thousands of people that the Anti gun libs are going to sneek in a Ban on High cap mags on some other type of legislation bill thats going to be voted on possibly soon, I believe them, WHY ? Because they do that crap all the time.

I don't go into the Nevada forum and spew my opinions... hint, hint...
    This isn't a Nevada or Wisconsin issue, is it.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Arrow Stirring the pot?

Apparently Dudley Brown, Executive Director of the National Association for Gun Rights doesn't have time to vet his, "...inside sources in the U.S. Senate". Or else he's just stirring the pot.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Hmm....

It could be that someone is playing him.

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Hmm....

It could be that someone is playing him.
    Or maybe, just maybe. he really cares and wants to get the word out. but some people think he has "other" motives.

typical

Or maybe, just maybe. he really cares and wants to get the word out. but some people think he has "other" motives.

typical
    Yes, his emailer is typical. So far, have you seen ONE independent confirmation of this?

I get a dozen panic emails per week. It's gotten to the point where I ignore them.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Here's where you can check on status of federal legislation. Type 'firearm' or other search term in the subject area, or go to senator or congress person.

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/LegislativeData.php?n=BSS
    Last edited by Flipper; 02-04-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

A research tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    Here's where you can check on status of federal legislation. Type 'firearm' or other search term in the subject area, or go to senator or congress person.
    http://thomas.loc.gov/home/LegislativeData.php?n=BSS
    Great site! Thanks for the link. A search on "firearms" turns up 21 bills, some of which are obvious attacks on the 2A. One bill that outlaws firearms anywhere near a legislator with a penalty of up to 10 year's imprisonment (H.R.367) also tries to force the states to adopt similar laws by threatening them with loss of a percentage of government funding.

I wonder if there is a comparable site for Wisconsin?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Great site! Thanks for the link. A search on "firearms" turns up 21 bills, some of which are obvious attacks on the 2A. One bill that outlaws firearms anywhere near a legislator with a penalty of up to 10 year's imprisonment (H.R.367) also tries to force the states to adopt similar laws by threatening them with loss of a percentage of government funding.

I wonder if there is a comparable site for Wisconsin?
    If so, it would be here

The applicable link is in Legislation | Bill Search
    Last edited by wrightme; 02-05-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    I'm a bit unconcerned about my legislators' eyes.

Sure, we don't want to jump at every shadow.

However, when we wait for a bill or amendment to appear, we are being reactive and conceding the initiative to the usurpers. Essentially, we are just waiting, rather than doing something proactive before the problem starts.

There is no harm in letting legislators know beforehand where we stand. Imagine how much traction anti-gun bills would get if all gun owners called their legislators once a week and just said, "I know somebody up there is scheming against something. I don't care what it is, it had better not make it to the floor for a vote."

For a while now, I've been thinking pro-gunners should be on a coordinated national campaign for gun ownership, defense training, etc. Win more people to our side before the election, rather than play defense.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    For a while now, I've been thinking pro-gunners should be on a coordinated national campaign for gun ownership, defense training, etc. Win more people to our side before the election, rather than play defense.
    A little hoorah and good planning go a long way.

A lot of the same goes a long, long way.

"A good offense beats a good defense." Who the heck said that originally?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast