• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senate Democrats are planning to execute a sneak attack on gun rights soon as TODAY

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I've just received word from inside sources in the U.S. Senate.

Senate Democrats are planning to execute a sneak attack on gun rights as soon as TODAY!

Their plan is to sneak Carolyn McCarthy's Magazine Ban into law as an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration Bill, a routine piece of generally non-controversial legislation.

And they hope YOU won't notice.

That's why you and I need to make our voices heard RIGHT NOW!

We need to let them know we're watching them like a hawk!

Please call YOUR Senator today !!!

Make sure they know about this scheme and that they must oppose Carolyn McCarthy's Magazine Ban every step of the way whether it's attached as an amendment or not.

And make sure they know you're watching.

Thanks for taking action,

Dudley Brown

Dudley Brown
Executive Director
National Association for Gun Rights

Last edited:

Teej

I doubt this is going to go anywhere without lots of eyes looking at it.

Looks like they're throwing lots of other non-germane amendments at this thing. This has also been thrown at the FAA bill:

S.AMDT.13 Amendment SA 13 proposed by Senator McConnell. (consideration: CR S382-405; text: CR S382)
To repeal the job-killing health care law and health care-related provisions in the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010.

Now, I'm no fan of the job-killing health care law, but it annoys the snot out of me the way they throw anything and everything at unrelated bills.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
McCarthy's current bill is even worse than the 1994 ban because it also prohibits the transfer of existing magazines. Last time the higher capacity mags simply went up in price, but they were still easily available. This time anyone who owned them couldn't sell or give them to anyone else without facing up to 10 years in prison.

McCarthy ought to do at least 10 years in prison for violating her oath of office.

rcav8r

The magazine ban is a hoax. It was started by a "gun rights" group that doesn't even have a presence on capital hill.
What happened is that there are a couple of amendments that only edit one part of the FAA bill, and another part that simply bans smoking on charter flights.

Not that we can't trust those slimeballs to try this, though.

goforlow

That is an excellent idea! Every person in Government that has done something that is a complete violation to the constitution should be removed from office!! Yes, I know that is about 99% of them but if we have people who obey and live by the constitution, we would not have 99% of the problems we have now!

wrightme

The magazine ban is a hoax. It was started by a "gun rights" group that doesn't even have a presence on capital hill.
What happened is that there are a couple of amendments that only edit one part of the FAA bill, and another part that simply bans smoking on charter flights.

Not that we can't trust those slimeballs to try this, though.

So, when it is "defeated" by not being included in the FAA bill, Brown scores a "win." :lol:

anmut

I've just received word from inside sources in the U.S. Senate.

Senate Democrats are planning to execute a sneak attack on gun rights as soon as TODAY!

Their plan is to sneak Carolyn McCarthy's Magazine Ban into law as an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration Bill, a routine piece of generally non-controversial legislation.

And they hope YOU won't notice.

That's why you and I need to make our voices heard RIGHT NOW!

We need to let them know we're watching them like a hawk!

Please call YOUR Senator today !!!

Make sure they know about this scheme and that they must oppose Carolyn McCarthy's Magazine Ban every step of the way whether it's attached as an amendment or not.

And make sure they know you're watching.

Thanks for taking action,

Dudley Brown

Dudley Brown
Executive Director
National Association for Gun Rights

Could I ask a favor and next time we have an alarmist message such as the one above to include at least a link to an article. We don't need our elected rolling their eyes as the phone calls come cursing in because of unfounded rumors.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Could I ask a favor and next time we have an alarmist message such as the one above to include at least a link to an article. We don't need our elected rolling their eyes as the phone calls come cursing in because of unfounded rumors.

Sure I can include links. I treat these messages as fire missions..since McCarthy does have a bill in circulation & I would not put it past the Dems to attach her bill to another bill, thus sneeking into law.

anmut

Sure I can include links. I treat these messages as fire missions..since McCarthy does have a bill in circulation & I would not put it past the Dems to attach her bill to another bill, thus sneeking into law.

Yes I totally understand that and am well with you on the importance of immediate contact with legislators - I just want to be able to tell them "Hey I just read that on Bill xx.x you're trying to sneak some stuff through."

It's easier than "Hey I just read on an interweb forum (made of tubes!!) blah blah blah...) :)

wrightme

You should treat them as BS unless you can verify such in the text of bills and amendments.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
You should treat them as BS unless you can verify such in the text of bills and amendments.

Some of us are busy and don't have time scour the internet looking for the text of this and that bill & this and that amendment. When a pro gun organization say's in a email sent to many thousands of people that the Anti gun libs are going to sneek in a Ban on High cap mags on some other type of legislation bill thats going to be voted on possibly soon, I believe them, WHY ? Because they do that crap all the time.

I don't go into the Nevada forum and spew my opinions... hint, hint...

......---Moderator Comment--
No forum is restricted by where one lives

Gee whiz, thanks for clearing that up.

Last edited:

wrightme

Some of us are busy and don't have time scour the internet looking for the text of this and that bill & this and that amendment. When a pro gun organization say's in a email sent to many thousands of people that the Anti gun libs are going to sneek in a Ban on High cap mags on some other type of legislation bill thats going to be voted on possibly soon, I believe them, WHY ? Because they do that crap all the time.

I don't go into the Nevada forum and spew my opinions... hint, hint...

This isn't a Nevada or Wisconsin issue, is it.