• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senate Democrats are planning to execute a sneak attack on gun rights soon as TODAY

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
A research tool.

Here's where you can check on status of federal legislation. Type 'firearm' or other search term in the subject area, or go to senator or congress person.
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/LegislativeData.php?n=BSS
Great site! Thanks for the link. A search on "firearms" turns up 21 bills, some of which are obvious attacks on the 2A. One bill that outlaws firearms anywhere near a legislator with a penalty of up to 10 year's imprisonment (H.R.367) also tries to force the states to adopt similar laws by threatening them with loss of a percentage of government funding.

I wonder if there is a comparable site for Wisconsin?

wrightme

Great site! Thanks for the link. A search on "firearms" turns up 21 bills, some of which are obvious attacks on the 2A. One bill that outlaws firearms anywhere near a legislator with a penalty of up to 10 year's imprisonment (H.R.367) also tries to force the states to adopt similar laws by threatening them with loss of a percentage of government funding.

I wonder if there is a comparable site for Wisconsin?

If so, it would be here

The applicable link is in Legislation | Bill Search

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Could I ask a favor and next time we have an alarmist message such as the one above to include at least a link to an article. We don't need our elected rolling their eyes as the phone calls come cursing in because of unfounded rumors.

I'm a bit unconcerned about my legislators' eyes.

Sure, we don't want to jump at every shadow.

However, when we wait for a bill or amendment to appear, we are being reactive and conceding the initiative to the usurpers. Essentially, we are just waiting, rather than doing something proactive before the problem starts.

There is no harm in letting legislators know beforehand where we stand. Imagine how much traction anti-gun bills would get if all gun owners called their legislators once a week and just said, "I know somebody up there is scheming against something. I don't care what it is, it had better not make it to the floor for a vote."

For a while now, I've been thinking pro-gunners should be on a coordinated national campaign for gun ownership, defense training, etc. Win more people to our side before the election, rather than play defense.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
For a while now, I've been thinking pro-gunners should be on a coordinated national campaign for gun ownership, defense training, etc. Win more people to our side before the election, rather than play defense.

A little hoorah and good planning go a long way.

A lot of the same goes a long, long way.

"A good offense beats a good defense." Who the heck said that originally?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Oh, come on. Don't pretend you don't know. Agamemnon said it to Priam at the gates of Troy. :D

I think not that such a noble phrase would have been turned by one who would sacrifice his daughter. That would be a tragedy.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I think not that such a noble phrase would have been turned by one who would sacrifice his daughter. That would be a tragedy.

OK, OK, OK. Look, I know you're still upset that you didn't get the ring back, but can we pleeeeze not hear about it again. Lets stick to martial matters, not marital matters. :p:)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Originally Posted by Citizen http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1462195#post1462195
OK, OK, OK. Look, I know you're still upset that you didn't get the ring back, but can we pleeeeze not hear about it again. Lets stick to martial matters, not marital matters. :p:)
Not that it matters, but there's a difference? :eek:

Are you suggesting you married an Amazon on the rebound from Iphigenia? Boy, you are a glutton for punishment, aren't you? Nevermind. I don't wanna know. :):p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Are you suggesting you married an Amazon on the rebound from Iphigenia? Boy, you are a glutton for punishment, aren't you? Nevermind. I don't wanna know. :):p

I'm not suggesting anything that Euripides didn't already explain.

So no you don't want to know what?