• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ordinances get closer look from residents, groups

PDinDetroit

http://www.candgnews.com/news/ordinances-get-closer-look-residents-groups

Royal Oak officials recently took action to repeal an ordinance on the books that allowed the mayor to suspend the sale of guns or ammunition in the event of a civil emergency.

Saying it was unconstitutional, resident and gun advocate Paul Dalrymple brought it to the city officials’ attention a year and a half ago.

I guess I thought the Royal Oak Civil Emergencies Ordinance was unconstitutional... Who would have thought that? :banghead:

The article author contacted me and I sent him the same email I sent the City. I guess he didn't catch that it was against State Law (which is clearly in the email). No wonder the reporters always seem to get things about firearms wrong...

Gort

SlowDog

As we all know....when they say "we would never prosecute under these obscure laws" that they really mean <unless we think we can get away with it>. If you don't have the money for a good defense lawyer to fight an illegal law your SCREWED!!.....just sayin