• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carry in parks?

papa bear

just got out of a meeting with / against the chief of police here :banghead:. we were trying to get the anti gun rule change for the city parks (very frustrating)
anyway he spouted a statistic that " no municipality across the country, allowed firearms in parks". i would like to see if that statement is true. if you know for certain if there are parks that allow legally carry arms, OC or CC, i would like to hear about it. Thanks

eye95

just got out of a meeting with / against the chief of police here :banghead:. we were trying to get the anti gun rule change for the city parks (very frustrating)
anyway he spouted a statistic that " no municipality across the country, allowed firearms in parks". i would like to see if that statement is true. if you know for certain if there are parks that allow legally carry arms, OC or CC, i would like to hear about it. Thanks

In Alabama, due to preemption, cities are not allowed to ban carry in parks. Some try to do so anyway.

papa bear

thanks eye 95, i just got an email that said VA also did too,
i am just battling ignorant closed minded city hall people that lie and don't have the balls to do the right thing

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

ak56

Campaign Veteran

since9

Campaign Veteran
...anyway he spouted a statistic that " no municipality across the country, allowed firearms in parks".

He's wrong, not only for parks around here in Colorado Springs (including Garden of the Gods, where I routinely open carry, as well as Palmer Park, large and central to our city), but also in all National Parks throughout the nation, subject to the state laws in which the parks reside. I've OC'd in Rocky Mountain National Park.

...i would like to see if that statement is true.

Definately NOT true. Your chief of police doesn't want citizens carry guns and is making up statistics (yes, lying) to try and back up his misconceived notions. Lying doesn't say much for that officer's integrity, that's for sure.

Show this to the mayor and ask him to explain why your chief of police is lying through his teeth.

Last edited:

papa bear

i have been in contact with the chief of police and he stated that i miss understood, he did not mean nationally he meant in the state of NC and only used other areas to prove his point. :banghead: i have been busy and not found out if that is a true statement, yet
yes he did try to claim support for the 2A, but also did make the statement that "no citizen need a gun". i did not get to ask him why he carried.

half life does the ban on citizen self protection include permitted cc. we were even trying to go that route, being that the state has made the distinction that we have proven ourselves. basically to get our foot in

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior