• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'ing

TaborCity

When OC'ing in North Carolina, Does it matter if you carry loaded or unloaded.
I have seen on you tube in California that you have to carry unloaded.
Just wondering.

muccione

NC has NO...repeat NO distinction between loaded and unloaded....
The reason most people carry a firearm is for protection.... Bad guys dont wait for you to load a gun.... so keep it loaded..... full mag + 1 in the pipe... safety off and hammer back.....

VW_Factor

NC has NO...repeat NO distinction between loaded and unloaded....
The reason most people carry a firearm is for protection.... Bad guys dont wait for you to load a gun.... so keep it loaded..... full mag + 1 in the pipe... safety off and hammer back.....

I think the condition of carry would greatly depend on the weapons design.