Thread: Proposed Gun Registration In Ct in 2011

Proposed Gun Registration In Ct in 2011

HB 5800 AN ACT REQUIRING REGISTRATION OF ALL FIREARMS Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened: That section 29-33 of the general statutes be amended to (1) require that (A) any person who purchases a firearm register the firearm within ten days of purchase, (B) any person who purchased a firearm prior to this statute's effective date register that firearm within ten days of the effective date, (C) any person owning a firearm renew registration every five years, and (D) anyone whose registered firearm is sold, stolen or lost report such sale, theft or loss within ten days of such event; and (2) provide that the Department of Public Safety receive the registrations required by subdivision (1) of this section. Statement of Purpose: To require registration of all firearms.

Make sure we contact our Reps to stop this bill

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    They don't want to confiscate your guns - just want to register them, so they will know where they are when the go to confiscate them.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

It will be up for debate in a public hearing..maybe next week or the week after in the PS&S Committee...I am not even sure if it will get any attention paid to it..

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    They don't want to confiscate your guns - just want to register them, so they will know where they are when the go to confiscate them.
    Makes sense. With your "Viet Nam" veteran governor a gutless, lying, pos will probably pass.

"We must take the guns from the people to make the streets safe for the SS."

A. Hitler

Thats how it was done Down Under.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Thats exactly how they did it Down Under. The Federal government enacted these laws because we have no 2nd Amendment protection;

1. First, the government introduced firearms Licencingsaying. You may or may not own firearms. Either way, without a firearms licence you will no longer be able to legally buy ammo anywhere in Australia eventually rendering leagally owned firearms useless.

2. Second, the government introduced Firearm registration. After passing this law they said we now know who owns firearms as the majority of law abiding firearm owners applied for and recieved their irearms licences enabling them to continue to buy ammo.

The government now knows where the majority of legally owned firearms are now because of introduced firearms laws forcing licencing and registration. [Now they were set up to ban firearms].

3 Not long after we had the the Port Arthur massacar in Tasmania. Legislation was immediately passed without any consultation with the people who were against this, to force people to hand in their firearms or face ten years in jail.

Dont let it happen in any way shape or form. Haz.

Scary parallels between the UK and Australia here.

I won't even get into the similarities between this and Germany in the 30's....... for those that don't know history, they just dismiss it as crazy talk.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.