• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ak 47 help

exelci

Hi all, well honestly im driving my self crazy trying to figure out who makes high quality or at least good quality aks, ive been searching oround online and now im even more confused.. Stamped recivers,mild recivers,thick barrels, chrome lined barrels, century arms,bulgarian,arsenal etc,etc. could some of you guys help me out and share the knowledge? my personal purpose for this rifle is well starting my collection also as an invesment and maybe handing it down to my son one day, i would only be using it for target practice, but would also be nice to know that if the sh!t hits the fan i have a rifle i could very well fight for my familys life with.

budget: 1k
Thanx in a advance and excuse my spelling im in my cell..

Last edited:

usamarshal

I believe century arms makes the ak47...I think I saw ted nugent shooting one on his show last week and it was very accurate.