• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

O/T funnies

jarhead1911A

veryone knows Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong..." -
Here are some other Laws you may not have heard of, including some I made up myself:

Andy’s Law of Nature’s Call: The filthier your hands are, the stronger the need to go to the bathroom will be.

Andy’s Law of Fasteners: The more inaccessible the location of a bolt or nut, the more “boogered up” the threads will be.

Andy’s Law of the Shop Phone: The phone will only ring after you have begun to apply a fast curing adhesive, sealant, or epoxy.

Andy’s Law of Arachnophobia: The more intricate, involved, and delicate the task, the bigger the spider will be that you suddenly notice is very near you.

Lorenz's Law of Mechanical Repair: Your nose will begin to itch after your hands become coated with grease.

Anthony's Law of the Workshop: Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible location.

Lowery's Law of Home Repair: If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Beach's Law: Interchangeable parts aren't.

Tussman's Law: Nothing is as inevitable as a mistake whose time has come.

William's Law: There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.

Lane's Law of Supply and Demand: The one item you need is always in short supply.

Cannon's Kharmic Law: If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the next morning, you will have a flat tire.

Martin's Law of Meteorology: The worse the weather, the more you are required to be out in it.

Ehrlich's Law: The first rule of intelligent tinkering is to save all the parts.

Norman Einstein's Law: If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

Col. Murphy's Law of Combat: Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder!

mark-in-texas

Nothing is foolproof to the sufficiently talented fool.

Friendly fire isn't!

Better to be incompatent than incontanent.

Better to be flatulant than flacid.

Never get in to a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

It's usually best if the DA only has one story to listen to. (retired cop told me this!)