• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Red Robin is inviting us back! Thursday, February 24th. 7:00pm. Layton, UT

UtahJarhead

Red Robin called me a few weeks back to invite us back. If you were there, we had a OCDO/UCC dinner there in January or 2010. Perhaps our efforts are going more mainstream and they're no longer taboo arsenols of destruction! Who knows...

but there it is. Red Robin, Layton, UT. February 24th 7:00pm. Last year we had about 65 if I remember correctly. We can always try to do the same thing again.

They're also giving us a 15% discount for the large group!

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Hey UtahJarhead did your contact at Red Robin indicate if this was a local change or was this a change at the corporate office level? Here in VA we've seen some Red Robin's give OCers issues, but it's been hit and miss and I think the corporate office indicated that they didn't want guns in their establishment.

DEFENSOR

Good on 'em

Good for them in Layton. A dozen of us with South Bay Open Carry were told by Redondo Beach PD to leave The Red Robin in the Galleria mall because the mall did not want us there. Red Robin was OK with OC and was in the
process of seating us. I am leaving California for Utah on the 14th, good riddance.

Doctor Jenks

Hey UtahJarhead did your contact at Red Robin indicate if this was a local change or was this a change at the corporate office level? Here in VA we've seen some Red Robin's give OCers issues, but it's been hit and miss and I think the corporate office indicated that they didn't want guns in their establishment.

Forgive me if I am not understanding your question correctly, but their inviting us back was not due to a change in policy allowing CC/OC in this establishment. They have always allowed it. A dinner was held at this Red Robin location previously; the management invited us back as repeat business for them. If Red Robin Corporate has a policy against firearms, the guys and gals at this particular location haven't bothered to find out.

Last edited:

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
We have held open carry dinners at the Provo (Provo Town Center), Murray, West Valley City (Valley Fair Mall) and Layton Red Robin locations, and all have been uneventful.

The managers at each location have happily welcomed our dollars. ;)

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Forgive me if I am not understanding your question correctly, but their inviting us back was not due to a change in policy allowing CC/OC in this establishment. They have always allowed it. A dinner was held at this Red Robin location previously; the management invited us back as repeat business for them. If Red Robin Corporate has a policy against firearms, the guys and gals at this particular location haven't bothered to find out.

The corporate office has a policy directive to not allow firearms to be carried by anyone on Red Robin premises. Someone over in the Virginia forum found this out some time last year. I'll see if I can find the link.

Edited: Here it is:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...1075375&highlight=Robin+corporate#post1075375

Last edited:

waapl01

red robin

Good for them in Layton. A dozen of us with South Bay Open Carry were told by Redondo Beach PD to leave The Red Robin in the Galleria mall because the mall did not want us there. Red Robin was OK with OC and was in the
process of seating us. I am leaving California for Utah on the 14th, good riddance.

@ defensor, The issue maybe carrying in malls, we got it good here in virginia for the most part, but most malls are off limits. If entry to red robin is accesible from outside the mall it may not pose a problem. Can't say for sure tho.

Sigmanluke

I won't be able to make the group dinner, I have to work.

I have OCed plenty of times at the Provo Red Robin without incident. I've even had several good conversations come out of it.

Enjoy the dinner and camaraderie those who make it, I'll be wishing I was there.

UtahJarhead

I emailed Red Robin directly the year before last, just prior to setting out last years Red Robin meet in January. They got their regional guy to call me back. He then called his store manager and said they WOULD host us. We tip well, we gave them good business, and we didn't even complain when they screwed up half a dozen burgers. This year, they're welcoming us back and are giving us 15% off of our bills. I personally plan on putting that 15% into the tip, but that's just me.

rpyne

I had a great time at the Layton Red Robin last year. My brother even came down from Idaho to join us. But I regret I will be unable to join the party this time due to a previous commitment.

Michael Hopkins

It was great to see so many people (I think the count came to 55 including the kids) come out for a good meal and even better conversation. Thanks to everyone for a fun time! :monkey

MSC 45ACP

I'm happy for you folks in UT. Our local RR tossed an OC'er out a couple years ago, so we went to Fuddruckers in protest and sent our receipts (over $400) and a letter to Red Robin about the business they lost. We never got a response, but Fuddruckers went "anti" not long after that, then they filed for CH 11 and went belly-up.

Maybe we can give our local RedRobin another chance...

MichaelD

I'm happy for you folks in UT. Our local RR tossed an OC'er out a couple years ago, so we went to Fuddruckers in protest and sent our receipts (over $400) and a letter to Red Robin about the business they lost. We never got a response, but Fuddruckers went "anti" not long after that, then they filed for CH 11 and went belly-up.

Which is kind of funny; we've had two meets at the Fuddrucker's in Sandy in addition to several meets at various Red Robin locations. Utah just tends to be a very gun-friendly place.