• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

thinking of Kimber Tactical Custom 2

Lolcanoe

Hey guys / girls. I've been looking for a new 1911, and since I can't find an Operator anywhere, I found 1 Tactical Custom 2 at a local gun shop. They've got it priced at $1170, which is cheaper than the Kimber webite msrp. It felt like a very nice gun, but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with it, good or bad.

irish52084

I've shot the 4" tactical, and it was an excellent shooter. Only thing I didn't like were the style of night sights they were using at that time. I'm not sure if they are still using the meprolight snag free ones that were really smooth and had the edges rounded off, but I didn't like them.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
I own a Tactical Custom II. I love it. Haven't found a cartridge that it wont feed yet (hollowpoints & +P included). Just make sure you throw the Kimber magazine in the garbage, as the follower can and will gouge the feed ramp. I stick to Wilson Combat 47D's and KimPro Tac Mags.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Lolcanoe

thanks for the responses. i'm not sure which brand sights they had, but they were the white dot tritium, and i'm pretty sure they were rounded off

Lolcanoe

well, i ended up getting it. i didn't look at it too awful much yesterday, but turns out it is a Tactical Custom HD 2. all steel greatness. only had 1 fail to feed in the first 50 rounds (with a wilson combat magazine), but I'll blame it on all of the oil that was oozing from every orifice. The more I shot it though, the better it felt and shot. I can't wait to put more range time on it!