Thread: Lansing area 70 yo. Farmer catches would-be fertilizer thief during blizzard

Armed Lansing area 70 yo. Farmer catches would-be fertilizer thief during blizzard

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...0004/1001/NEWS

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/115179494.html

A 70-year-old farmer caught a 23-year-old Mason man attempting to steal anhydrous ammonia, an agricultural fertilizer that also is a key ingredient in methamphetamine production, from a storage tank on his property Tuesday night and held him at gunpoint until police arrived, according to the Ingham County Sheriff’s Office.

I happened to be listening to the police scanners while this happened,the police had something like a 20-25 minute response time(even though running code 3) due to the blizzard which left about 150 yards of visibility.

Radio traffic specifically mentioned him as being a cpl(they said ccw) holder,around the time the first responding officer came to the scene a radio message that went something like "im not worried about the gun,he's one of the good guys" came across.
    Last edited by lil_freak_66; 02-04-2011 at 12:08 AM. Reason: added link to second news story
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

I am glad the homeowner is ok and hope they toss the book at the punk.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

he musta really needed a fix to go out in that blizzard...

btw,i added a link to a second story on this
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.