• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Regognized again at Dr's office from Starbucks..Bookman was there to.

DEROS72

I went to a surgical consult today ,may have to have another surgery monday or tuesday. Anyway this couple kept looking at me across the waiting room.Finally the gal said my husband thinks your'e the guy that was in the KING 5 story about following a guy carrying into a Starbucks.
I said Ye s I am.So that opened the door.I was called by the Doc.so Bookman who was there gave him all the info on OC and the rally etc.So he said he will begin coming to our second saturday meets.We have had a lot of mileage from that article.
So I get into talk to the surgeon who come to find out is a huge gun guy and I'm welcome to caryy in his office anytime.Told him who we were etc.he went on about these tree huggin libs that are trying to destroy the Constitution.Very cool.This was the first time I met this DR.

DEROS72

It was nice to be at least dealing with a gun friendly doctor.He said he usually doesn't have any parts left over when he does these surgeries.If did he said he would put in bag and I could take them home.:eek:

TechnoWeenie

I went to a surgical consult today ,may have to have another surgery monday or tuesday. Anyway this couple kept looking at me across the waiting room.Finally the gal said my husband thinks your'e the guy that was in the KING 5 story about following a guy carrying into a Starbucks.
I said Ye s I am.So that opened the door.I was called by the Doc.so Bookman who was there gave him all the info on OC and the rally etc.So he said he will begin coming to our second saturday meets.We have had a lot of mileage from that article.
So I get into talk to the surgeon who come to find out is a huge gun guy and I'm welcome to caryy in his office anytime.Told him who we were etc.he went on about these tree huggin libs that are trying to destroy the Constitution.Very cool.This was the first time I met this DR.

I'm glad we have such an outstanding guy representing our organization..

4mceko5.gif

Squeak

]
What is your point? I think that Deros does a very good job representing the OC movement. I have been with Deros on different occasions when people recognized him.

Last edited:

G20-IWB24/7

He said he usually doesn't have any parts left over when he does these surgeries.If did he said he would put in bag and I could take them home.:eek:

I can help you properly preserve those, should you want to do that.... ;) The offer is on the table! haha!

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Deros72 now tell us the truth was your patent pending hairdo get more recognition or your side arm?
Either way it seems to be working well :D

tombrewster421

Hey Jim. Just wanted to say thanks for all you do. I'll be praying for you and I know you'll be alright. You've got too much fight left in you and are way too stubborn to let a silly "bad heart" get in your way. Thanks again for all your hard work and sacrifice.

Thomas

G20-IWB24/7

Hey Jim. Just wanted to say thanks for all you do. I'll be praying for you and I know you'll be alright. You've got too much fight left in you and are way too stubborn to let a silly "bad heart" get in your way. Thanks again for all your hard work and sacrifice.

Thomas

A "+1" seems to informal, so I'll give this an "AMEN!" instead!

DEROS72

Thanks guys I tell people I have one fight left in me and this is it. It is all you guys that keep me going!

Anyway I just thought it was way cool to run into another pro open carry second amendment Dr.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
It was actually kind of funny!

DEROS was inside. I was waiting out in the parking lot, like I usually do. The wife waited until the husband went to the parking lot for a smoke break before she talked to Jim. So I'm sitting in the car when the phone rings. Jim tells me about his conversation with the wife and says wants to get a flier to the husband, could I look in his jacket pocket and get one? I tell him it's no problem and get out of the car to talk to the husband..

The husband didn't see me get the phone cal, so he's a bit confused when I know he recognized Jim. He thought I was psychic, I guess.

Anyway, I gave him a flyer for the 2nd Amendment rally and an OC brochure. Then we talked about the fact that OC really IS legal in Washington and that we have meets just about every weekend now. He lives in Federal Way, so he wants to start coming to our 2nd Saturday meets. When I met his wife a little later she promised that he would, starting NEXT month as he'll be out of town this month. She sounds almost as entusiastic as he is.

Yeah, guys and gals, I think we corrupted another one! :banana::banana:

TechnoWeenie

]
What is your point? I think that Deros does a very good job representing the OC movement. I have been with Deros on different occasions when people recognized him.

Inside joke.

Jim doesn't want an 'official' organization, just a grass roots movement... :D

I was poking some good-natured fun @ him.. He gets worked up over it too easy.. :D

Last edited:

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Inside joke.

Jim doesn't want an 'official' organization, just a grass roots movement... :D

I was poking some good-natured fun @ him.. He gets worked up over it too easy.. :D

Your inside joke stopped being funny a long time time ago. You both disagree on the subject. Yoy know that, but insist on bringing it up anyway. Please just leave it alone and stop stirring the pot.

fire suppressor

Sounds like a great OC experience I have always wanted to carry into my doctor's but unfortunately they have a no gun sign on the door. I have however CC to a few psychiatrist appointments in Seattle. It was CC because technically I know I wasn't suppose to have it there either but I'm not going to walk all over Seattle and leave my gun at home. I thought it was better anyway if the psychiatrist didn't know the guy the was talking to that was having problems at night sleeping at night was carrying a gun :)

TechnoWeenie

Your inside joke stopped being funny a long time time ago. You both disagree on the subject. Yoy know that, but insist on bringing it up anyway. Please just leave it alone and stop stirring the pot.

That hat is on a little bit too tight. Relax.

Here, lemme rephrase this...

Inside joke.

Jim doesn't want an 'official' organization, just a grass roots movement... :D (<---Note smiley face)

I was poking some good-natured fun @ him.. He gets worked up over it too easy.. :D (<---Oh look, ANOTHER smiley face)

O_RLY__Y_SO_SRS__by_Areyu.jpg

"To conquer the enemy without resorting to war is the most desirable. The highest form of generalship is to conquer the enemy by strategy." - Sun Tzu

DEROS72

Went back to this surgeons office for a check up post last mondays surgery.This time I did open carry in the office.Nothing negative at all.
So I went back to the exam room and while waiting this young gal who identified herself as a surgical resident came in to talk.Dr.Haputa came in a bit later and wanted to check the incisions for infection and proper healing etc.So I had unholstered my weapon and set it on the counter.That did bring a start from this young gal and Dr.Haputa sort of chuckled and just asked to see it.What kind is it etc.He said him and my heart doc talk about me and open carry from time to time.So he asked me where he could do shoot on the move and I said we have a fella on the board that offers that.So Oldkim if you see this I need your contact info.Anyway it is really refreshing when I run into these medical folks around here that are big shooting enthusiasts.Unlike these doctors in Ca.and elsewhere that are asking people if they own guns and trying to discourage it.Anyway it was a good second amendment day with yet another Doctor that keeps patching me back together.