• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

will careless driving tickin hert my chances of geting my cpl

Onnie

Did you plea down? if not, and you still have the ticket or the court notice, if one was sent, look on it for the exact MCL they charged you with, it should be there if you can read it. If not, maybe go to the court and see if they would give you that info, if they do don't know if they would charge you for that info or not. That way you can check what you were actually found guilty under. Also you could pull up a copy of your driving record with SOS for a FEE and if you need to you could also pull up a copy of your Record with MSP, also for a FEE

I had to pull up a copy of my record with MSP before I applied to see what charge I had from 30 years ago so I did not look unintelligent when I went in front of the board in October 2010
for me it was worth the 20 bucks because a second charge I had in the 90's never made it to the record

Jblack44

My ticket was rapid exceleration in my loud car it was a BS ticket

Almost got one of those when I was 16. I had just gotten my first car, well it was a truck. 72 chevy short bed with a nice 350 in it. Me and some buddies were out driving around. I did a big ole hairy burnout right through a intersection. Never saw the cop sitting in the gas station on the corner...LOL. He pulled me over and read me the riot act about me getting a reckless driving, rapid exceleration ticket etc etc!!! I was about in tears, I was so scared of what my old man was going to do to me! I think the cop knew he got his point across and just wrote me up for "excessive noise" and let me go....

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Almost got one of those when I was 16. I had just gotten my first car, well it was a truck. 72 chevy short bed with a nice 350 in it. Me and some buddies were out driving around. I did a big ole hairy burnout right through a intersection. Never saw the cop sitting in the gas station on the corner...LOL. He pulled me over and read me the riot act about me getting a reckless driving, rapid exceleration ticket etc etc!!! I was about in tears, I was so scared of what my old man was going to do to me! I think the cop knew he got his point across and just wrote me up for "excessive noise" and let me go....

Aah the good old days when a LEO using discretion and realizing the consequences of what a citation or an arrest can do to you down the road. He realized youthful indiscretion and that no harm no foul. He made his point by scaring the hell out of you. I suspect you made better decisions after that. I miss those days.

budlight

Careless and reckless are two different charges. If you were cited for careless; you're good. Cited for reckless...bad...3yr wait.
See below...

257.626b 1810 Careless Driving 3pts No licensing action: Civil infraction

257.626 1800 Reckless Driving 6pts 1st: 90 day suspension: Misdemeanor

Correct.......Careless Driving is a Civil Infraction and not listed in the CPL Statute as a disqualifier.