• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting in getting into USPSA (aka IPSC) Take IPSC 101

oldkim

For anyone interested into getting into some competitive pistol shooting. Here's an excellent way to get started.

USPSA - United States Practical Shooting Association
(aka IPSC - International Practical Shooting Confederation)

www.uspsa.com

Marysville Rifle Club is hosting an "IPSC 101" class on March 12th/March 20st 2011 for any new shooter who presently doesn't have a USPSA Safety Check card or who isn't presently approved to shoot USPSA matches and is interested in this fast-paced style of practical shooting. Upon successful completion of this class, you'll be ready to compete in any local practical-shooting competition. The class will consist of roughly 7 hours of class/range work (Saturday, March 12th 10AM to 5PM with a lunch break. Lunch/drinks provided free) followed by personalized coaching through your first practical shooting match to be held the following Sunday at MRC (Sunday, March 20st 10AM to 3PM). Barring any severe safety infractions (DQ's) Sunday, the students will be given their safety check cards. The cost of the class is $75 (the MRC IPSC match fee on Sunday is $20).

To register for the class (or for more information), please contact me at vapors750@yahoo.com. Class size is strictly limited to 10 students. For more information about practical shooting, please visit the USPSA's website at USPSA.org.

USPSA Safety Check Topics Covered:
1) Range Safety
2) Range Commands
3) USPSA Rules
4) Equipment
5) USPSA Scoring
6) USPSA Divisions
7) Live Fire Student Skills Demonstration

The above covers the basics of a USPSA "Safety Check". Depending on available time...we may also cover the following elements of practical shooting.

A) Strong Hand/Weak Hand Shooting
B) Facing Uprange Starts (turn/draw)
C) Movement into/out of boxes
D) Shooting on the Move
E) Reloading on the Move
F) Gun on Table Start Positions
G) Drawing to a kneeling or prone position.
H) Discussion on what you can learn from Hit Factors

Also check out http://powerfactorshow.com

Please contact them directly if you have any questions.

Deleted_User

I was approached at my local gun store last night by a gentleman telling me about USPSA! Apparently they shoot on the 2nd Sunday of each month in Puyallup at Paul Bunyon from 10-2. IDK much more but was invited out to watch, learn, ask questions, and start to get involved if I wished to. I wanted to pass this information.

I think this range is out near 176th / Meridian by the landfill. Can anyone confirm or deny? I was unfamiliar with the name when he gave it to me. I was warned to bring my own eyes and ears.

HK_dave

yeah, the entrance is about 1 block south of the dump. you can hear them from the dump on sundays.

i might be interested...