• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Robbery Seminar for Va. Beach Businesses

Hendu024

http://media2.wavy.com/html/PDFs/seminar.pdf

So in light of all the robberies lately, VBPD is hosting a seminar about robbery prevention. It is open to the public and it is being held at the Meyera Oberndorf library on Va. Beach Blvd. It's a city library, and as far as I can tell there are no schools or anything on the property. I do plan on OC'ing when I attend, and as far as I can see, preemption applies, correct?

Anyone else want to go? There are 2 different seminars, one in the morning and one at night.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Might have helped the CAUSE if the OP included the date, time and location within the title so the Admins would have stickied it and let a crowd grow.. but since the event is 20 minutes from now.. I don't think there will be that many

sst0185

I could kick myself for not attending this, the Subway close to my house was robbed, they even robbed the patrons.:cuss:

sst0185

Nope.

I hope never to be in that situation (again, I was grabbed and had a revolver put to my head and robbed years ago before I became enlightened.):cuss:

That aside, we all need to please be careful, vigilant and carry on.

wylde007

It is a matter of situational awareness, critical thinking and sometimes just plain dumb luck.

I will take good luck over mediocre talent any day.

Hendu024

Might have helped the CAUSE if the OP included the date, time and location within the title so the Admins would have stickied it and let a crowd grow.. but since the event is 20 minutes from now.. I don't think there will be that many

Well i APOLOGIZE Ed, I included the link and figured people could click on it for themselves.