• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Company reply

TaborCity

Within the last several weeks now, i have sent several COMPANY'S emails and get them to send me their POLICY'S on OC'ing while in their store's.
{WALL MART}
(FOOD LION }
{LOWE"S FOOD }
{ LOWE"S HARDWARE }
and several more smaller chains stores around here so that i can make copies of their COOPERATE POLICY'S if and when i decide to OC in them.
The problem is none have sent email or letters back as a reply.
I was wondering if they have gotten so many of these, that they seem to figure every one should know their policy's by now.
I would like to have copies from them so that in the future i can have the one that i OC in a hard copy oh their policy with me.
Any advice on how to speed things up would be app.

MKEgal

You're new.
This is a topic that comes up regularly here.
Do some research, make some contacts, learn what's worked so far & try to help build on that.
Or come up with a completely new idea that's so incredibly brilliant that we're blown away. :D

The best advice right now is to STOP.

You wouldn't ask a store if it's OK to wear a cross while shopping, would you? (Freedom of worship.)
Or to shop with friends? (Freedom of association.)

No, it's assumed that the peaceful exercise of civil rights is permitted everywhere.
The stores that try to do otherwise create a fuss, and get bad publicity.
If a store wouldn't be allowed to prohibit religious or political garb, they can't prohibit people from exercising other civil rights.

Don't ask permission to exercise your civil rights.
People might get the idea they can say "no".

And if a store (more likely, an uninformed low-level wage slave) ever tries to tell you you're doing something against company policy, then you get a copy of that policy and the name & phone for the store & area managers before you leave the store.

Most likely, they're remembering something in orientation about employees not being allowed to defend themselves. They're probably also not allowed to discuss politics on the job, either. Doesn't mean customers can't.

sultan62

Those are all fine to OC in. I wouldn't bother asking for corporate policy unless you have a problem. Nothing good can come of it, and if you're asked to leave, corporate policy doesn't matter.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I agree that it would make a good reference for those of us who end up being assailed by a rogue employee trying to push their personal prejudices above profitability.

I think a lot of people who are 'asked to leave' would be willing to make an issue of it if the resources were already available. Our voice would be heard more often if it weren't such a pain in the butt.

sultan62

I think it would be more effective if each time something happened, corporate got another email regarding the problem, instead of a simple printing of policy to be shown to the manager.