• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Plymouth-Canton Students Allowed to Carry Weapons in School...

Haman J.T.

Due to extreme mass PC confusion,something gets through the dragnet.Thats amazing!And us adults are fighting to stay alive with guns in a holster? EEGAAHDS!

Michigander

Thought it was funny how they mentioned the city in California banning crosses as a symbol of torture. That is such awesome fodder for so many different law suits. It's like they want to throw money away. They may as well fire a teacher for getting pregnant.

Anyway, high school students are marginalized a lot like the black community throughout most of the history of the USA. They are thought of as dangerous, incompetent and not deserving of any constitutionally guaranteed rights. Nevertheless, the number of high school students in the US who illegally carry guns to school on a regular basis probably is well above 5,000. Over 10,000 would be more likely. The numbers of students who carry knives and pepper spray and things like this are without question in the many hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Young people value their lives too, sorry Sarah Brady. That's why this is only symbolically significant.

Few advocate for unsupervised under 18 carry to become legalized in Michigan or anywhere else, because as soon as someone turns 18, most end up seeing it kind of like a learning/hazing period before adulthood. So I'm glad for this circumstance that things can move in the direction of respecting the rights of teens, though I must say that the reasoning for this is at best misguided. It's kind of like legalizing marijuana for the purpose of keeping soldiers from being quartered at your house.

Last edited: