• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We need to secure the Attorney General's opinion!

T

thomaswoodfin5

While the opinion is not in our favor, I have to admit that seems to be consistent with the case and statutory law.

As you know, the problem is one of the precise boundaries. Nobody knows where the real limits WMA.

It is not unlike Hot Springs, before changing the law allows in national parks. About 8 or 9 years, I wrote the NPS and asked about HSNP limits, and problems in other jurisdictions where the streets of the city fell within NP.

I returned a non-answer that basically said, "We do not anticipate charging anyone who is legally carrying a firearm under state law, provided they are not in a Park Service building."

Cold comfort if you are the one being charged.