• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OCin

Colavs420

hello all i just bought a bersa thunder 380 dlx and today was the first time i OCed i was a little nervous at first but then after a few i was pretty ok with it i am going to be getting my CCW here shortly as soon as i find a class that goes on one of my days off then it will be the waiting period to get my CCW i am plannin on mainly Concealing my weapon but i will also be OCin as well just thought i would drop by the forums and see what there was here there is alot of good info on these forums hope i can meet with other OC people as well and get together with them

thank you
luke

aadvark

In Utah, it is ILLEGAL to Carry a Loaded Firearm unless you are Licensed.

However, Unloaded Open Carry is LEGAL, without any need for a Utah Permit.

jpm84092

Welcome To Open Carry

Welcome to Open Carry and welcome to this forum.

1) No open carry anywhere in a "secure" area (airport beyond security, courthouse, etc).
2) No open carry in any "house of worship" operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
3) No open carry within 1000 feet of the property border of any school. (except in your car)
4) No open carry in a privately owned public venue that is posted as not permitting firearms.
5) Open carry must be "unloaded" within the meaning of Utah Law unless you also have a Permit.
6) No display of hostile or aggressive behavior while open carrying. (Common sense and the law.)

#3 above goes away when you have a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit.

rpyne

In Utah, it is ILLEGAL to Carry a Loaded Firearm unless you are Licensed.

However, Unloaded Open Carry is LEGAL, without any need for a Utah Permit.

Not completely true. It is illegal to carry a loaded firearm ON A PUBLIC STREET in Utah without a permit, for now. And don't forget the Utah definition of "unloaded", no live round in firing position and two manual actions to fire, unlike PRC where they consider it loaded if there is any ammo even touching it.

cdrhoad

Welcome to Open Carry and welcome to this forum.

1) No open carry anywhere in a "secure" area (airport beyond security, courthouse, etc).
2) No open carry in any "house of worship" operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
3) No open carry within 1000 feet of the property border of any school. (except in your car)
4) No open carry in a privately owned public venue that is posted as not permitting firearms.
5) Open carry must be "unloaded" within the meaning of Utah Law unless you also have a Permit.
6) No display of hostile or aggressive behavior while open carrying. (Common sense and the law.)

#3 above goes away when you have a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit.

#5 goes away as well.
and #4 has no force of law unless they ask you to leave or disarm, at which point if you don't comply you could get treaspassing.. an infraction.

edit:Whoops! skimmed over your post too fast and didn't see the distinction you already made on #5

Last edited: