• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is the Va Gun Owners Association???

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
A Representative spoke at last nights Committee meeting. I'm not sure who they are.
Anyone know anything about them?

HeroHog

Pretty good group of folks. When I still lived in VA I was a moderator there but just before I left the state I had some issues with the VA Police/justice system and didn't get the support I expected from some of the members there causing me to get rather pissy and leave them.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Pretty good group of folks. When I still lived in VA I was a moderator there but just before I left the state I had some issues with the VA Police/justice system and didn't get the support I expected from some of the members there causing me to get rather pissy and leave them.

I ran into him this morning going into a Senate office. I know who they are now

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
I have not heard of them.

From their website, it seems they perceive themselves in the same role as VCDL. Odd that their website, even in the "Brothers in Arms" section, makes no mention of VCDL. Sour grapes? I dunno.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I have not heard of them.

From their website, it seems they perceive themselves in the same role as VCDL. Odd that their website, even in the "Brothers in Arms" section, makes no mention of VCDL. Sour grapes? I dunno.

Yeah, I think there is. Without going into detail, I haven't heard much good about them and I wasn't impressed when I introduced myself. He imminently went into a rant about other gun groups, a chest pounding session and a plea for money...all in 30 seconds.

Other groups were less than complimentary.
It appears to be the classic loose cannon situation.