• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego gun ranges

CORN BORN

Looking for a range that I can go to to fire a few rounds with not paying $15 and or being a member with fees...outside would be nice place too. If I needed to blow through 100 rounds I usually go to a north county range off 76 by airport and pay. But this weekend I just need to test on a few rounds. Any help for something that doesn't come up on Bing or Google.

Ruiner.NIN

Looking for a range that I can go to to fire a few rounds with not paying $15 and or being a member with fees...outside would be nice place too. If I needed to blow through 100 rounds I usually go to a north county range off 76 by airport and pay. But this weekend I just need to test on a few rounds. Any help for something that doesn't come up on Bing or Google.

All the ranges will charge for their use.

The cheapest I found in East County is Discount Gun Mart at $12 for the 1st shooter.

http://www.discountgunmart.com/category/retail_store.range_information/

Born2Lose

Go to the FREE! Carrizo Creek Range in Jacumba. That is if you don't mind sharing an imaginary firing line with people you don't know.

OR spend a little more on gas and go to Ocotillo and shoot whatever you want, as much as you want, as long as you want, and with as many/few people as you want.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=32.773293,-116.000369&num=1&t=h&sll=32.738671,-115.99418&sspn=0.037546,0.06403&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=32.774249,-115.998652&spn=0.007487,0.015557&z=16
I go around this area but up against the mountain. You can make it easily in 2wd trucks.