Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Gun Facts Per Wave

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran Flipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Gun Facts Per Wave

    I did not make this up.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wiscon...6596235?v=wall

    quote [Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort ‎"It confounds me...that gun advocates are claiming that we would be safer with more guns...One of the starkest contrasts may be the comparison of Windsor, Ontario, with Detroit. The two cities are actually connected by bridge and tunnel. Windsor...had absolutely no homicides last year and one in the last two years. Det...roit had more than 360 just last year..."

    Pxxx Sxxxxx One-a-day-murders: guaranteed by the Founders? Let's remember that per capita gun ownership is larger in Canada than in the US. So the pro-gun-nuts are right: guns don't kill people, but incompetent, untrained, unregulated (to use the Constitutional term) people with guns create havoc.

    Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort Pxxx, actually gun ownership is lower in Canada. Approximately, 27% of households in Canada have a gun or guns; whereas, in the United States approximately 40% of households have a gun or guns. With regard to the total number of guns, there are 31.5 guns per 100 people in Canada, and there are 90 guns per 100 people in the U.S. Not surprisingly our firearm homicide rate is much higher (3.98 vs. 0.4), as is our firearm suicide rate (5.92 v. 2). {Rates per 100,000}

    Pxxx Sxxxxx ‎@Wave--thanks for the fact checking and the coreection! I based by comments on Moore's 'Bowling for Columbine'--appreciate your educating me!] unquote

    If we are doing cities on inrenational border comparisons, how about El Paso vs. Ciudad Juárez? Mexico has stricter gun control than Canada. What's that you say?? The violence in Juárez is America's fault.
    Last edited by Flipper; 02-04-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

    The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

    "Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

  2. #2
    Regular Member anmut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Stevens Point WI, ,
    Posts
    879
    Liberal gun-hating ignoramuses.

  3. #3
    Regular Member jpm84092's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    Liberal gun-hating ignoramuses.
    What he said !
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    What he said !
    Yup,

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    So the pro-gun-nuts are right: guns don't kill people, but incompetent, untrained, unregulated (to use the Constitutional term) people with guns create havoc.
    WOW!!! So were nuts? Y'know I'll back "gun control" 100%, so long as there is equally strict "Mouth Control" in place to stop Incompetent,Untrained, and unreggulated anti's from vomitting language and making false claims whenever they see fit. And 1000 ft. "Speech Free Zones" around public schools, y'know, for the children of course.

    -Landose-
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

  6. #6
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    The violence in Juárez is America's fault.
    I think WAVE blames all violence in the USA.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox


    We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

  7. #7
    Regular Member XDFDE45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    Liberal gun-hating ignoramuses.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

    Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran Flipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    Liberal gun-hating ignoramuses.
    Just "elitist gun-hating ignoramuses." Not name calling, just stating a fact.

    Liberals are no longer liberal.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

    The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

    "Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Plankton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Posts
    414

    Irony

    I find it ironic that "facts" and "WAVE" can be found in the same sentence.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

  10. #10
    Regular Member CalicoJack10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Arbor Vitae
    Posts
    559
    I apologize for this, but I have to play troll on the WAVE facebook page, I am going to post a bunch of videos on there about the up side to gun ownership. All because I got an invite through my Calico Jack Defense page to join Wave.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3kUD6W8QaQ
    Last edited by CalicoJack10; 02-05-2011 at 05:39 PM.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •