• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Facts Per Wave

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I did not make this up.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisconsin-Anti-Violence-Effort/273516596235?v=wall

quote [Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort ‎"It confounds me...that gun advocates are claiming that we would be safer with more guns...One of the starkest contrasts may be the comparison of Windsor, Ontario, with Detroit. The two cities are actually connected by bridge and tunnel. Windsor...had absolutely no homicides last year and one in the last two years. Det...roit had more than 360 just last year..."

Pxxx Sxxxxx One-a-day-murders: guaranteed by the Founders? Let's remember that per capita gun ownership is larger in Canada than in the US. So the pro-gun-nuts are right: guns don't kill people, but incompetent, untrained, unregulated (to use the Constitutional term) people with guns create havoc.

Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort Pxxx, actually gun ownership is lower in Canada. Approximately, 27% of households in Canada have a gun or guns; whereas, in the United States approximately 40% of households have a gun or guns. With regard to the total number of guns, there are 31.5 guns per 100 people in Canada, and there are 90 guns per 100 people in the U.S. Not surprisingly our firearm homicide rate is much higher (3.98 vs. 0.4), as is our firearm suicide rate (5.92 v. 2). {Rates per 100,000}

Pxxx Sxxxxx ‎@Wave--thanks for the fact checking and the coreection! I based by comments on Moore's 'Bowling for Columbine'--appreciate your educating me!] unquote

If we are doing cities on inrenational border comparisons, how about El Paso vs. Ciudad Juárez? Mexico has stricter gun control than Canada. What's that you say?? The violence in Juárez is America's fault. :cuss:

Last edited:

Landose_theghost

So the pro-gun-nuts are right: guns don't kill people, but incompetent, untrained, unregulated (to use the Constitutional term) people with guns create havoc.

WOW!!! So were nuts? Y'know I'll back "gun control" 100%, so long as there is equally strict "Mouth Control" in place to stop Incompetent,Untrained, and unreggulated anti's from vomitting language and making false claims whenever they see fit. And 1000 ft. "Speech Free Zones" around public schools, y'know, for the children of course.

-Landose-

XDFDE45

Liberal gun-hating ignoramuses.
46145.gif