Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Levin co-sponsoring magazine ban

Levin co-sponsoring magazine ban

Hopefully this bill will go nowhere thanks to the republicans controlling the house, but please keep this in mind next time levin is up for reelection. he supports every single antigun bill in the senate and it makes me sick. here's the bill and the list of cosponsors.

Cosponsors:
    Barbara Boxer [D-CA]
    Richard Durbin [D-IL]
    Dianne Feinstein [D-CA]
    Al Franken [D-MN]
    Kirsten Gillibrand [D-NY]
    John Kerry [D-MA]
    Carl Levin [D-MI]
    Robert MenÚndez [D-NJ]
    John Reed [D-RI]
    Charles Schumer [D-NY]

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s112-32

He, and Rep. Levin have been in office far too long. I've contacted them on several occasions, and every time, I've felt like they don't give a crap what I have to say.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry25 View Post
    He, and Rep. Levin have been in office far too long. I've contacted them on several occasions, and every time, I've felt like they don't give a crap what I have to say.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.
    Same here, every time I have wrote to him I received a reply telling me why I was wrong and he was right. What really bothers me is they are supposed to represent the people of this state, but the people of this state do not support the type of gun control he advocates for, so he is only pursuing his own personal agenda. He even voted against the Vitter amendment!

Hmmmm there seems to be some sort of a trend of this list of senators whom are co-sponsoring the bill. Oh man I just can not seem to put my finger on it. Maybe Slave will come along and help me figure it out. LOL. Just having fun.

(D)
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    This is a surprise? Throw out any gun control bill and he's on it like stink on S#@t. Like white on rice, like ugly on an ape..... You get the idea. He really needs to retire, get voted out or die.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Mr. Levin's emails to me always started out with "I thought you would be interested to know..." and then went on to brag about his latest accomplishments. The last time I corresponded with Mr. Levin was after receiving a reply to an email I sent him about some gun control thing that I don't even recall at the moment. His reply started with the usual "I thought you would be interested to know..." and then went on to tell me how he supports gun control. Well, I sent him a reply that started out...

"I thought you would be interested to know" and then went on to tell him I was working tirelessly to get him voted out of office.

For some strange reason I've not received any more missives from him or his office.

But then a while back I sent an email to President Obama notifying him his services were no longer needed and he could clean out his desk and seek gainful employment in a field other than politics. Got no answer there either.... but probably am on yet another list.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Angry

Please people get some sense and vote that liberal out of office!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

But then a while back I sent an email to President Obama notifying him his services were no longer needed and he could clean out his desk and seek gainful employment in a field other than politics. Got no answer there either.... but probably am on yet another list.

Got me rolling on the floor laughing at that................

yea i know there is a abbreviation for that lol
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Banned
    Been working on that at every opportunity.

I got one of those letters from Levin as well, after asking him to go against something once, cant recall, he went on to brag about being a co-sponsor of the AWB.

I vote the swine out every time he is up for election , but the liberals in michigan in this area are to high, and of coarse the low lifes who do nothing, have never done anything and live off of my hard work vote him in enough said !!!!!,

I sent a e-mail to him, reminding him of his responsability to the people and the constituation.
    NOT that he gives a sh-t, about either he is a true politician,
    i can only see tar & feathers
    Last edited by mastiff69; 02-05-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Banned
    Maybe the Arizona shooting wouldn't have happened if the shooter thought he might get 10 years for the possession of that magazine.

That f*{|<er!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

He is a tyrant, and a career liar. An open liar at that. I have told him as much in writing.

It's hard to say who should be more ashamed, him, or the fools who vote for him.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Please people get some sense and vote that liberal out of office!!!
    He nor his brother, who is my rep will Never be voted out of office.
    It's never even close for any challenger. Ive been trying for 23 years.

My only hope is that I am young enough to see them decide to not run for re-election, and then I fear the ones that will replace them.
    Last edited by G22; 02-05-2011 at 02:21 AM.

Banned
    He's a lifer.

Levin is like a stain in your favorite garment, after many unsuccessful attempts to remove it you eventually throw it away.
    Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post

My only hope is that I am young enough to see them decide to not run for re-election, and then I fear the ones that will replace them.
    I suffer from both too!I get a couple replies a month from them both.They absolutely do not represent me!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Practice Practice, and vote levin, OUT "no caps on levin"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls4Uq1aCiTA

Banned
    I think this will pass because they feel that they need to do something to make themselves feel better thinking that they did something.

If this goes through, how will we go about getting it repealed?
    Last edited by stainless1911; 02-05-2011 at 01:06 PM.

10 - The number of rounds they want to limit us to
    10 - The number of co-sponsors listed here
    10 - the maximum number of years found for someone having a new high capacity mag after this goes in.

0 - the number of years for buffing off that new mark...
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    What if the state of Michigan refuses to prosecute in this area of law as they do in others.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    What if the state of Michigan refuses to prosecute in this area of law as they do in others.
    It's a federal law (proposed). BATFE, the FBI, and DOJ are responsible for enforcement.

You get busted for violating it, you go to Federal Court, and then Federal Pound-me-in-the-455 prison.

State of MI not involved in enforcement.

Also, the Federal government increases the number of BATFE employees so they can better find these evil people who wield high-cap magazines. They make the Federal Prison system larger to hold these evil doers. They declare a "war on high cap" magazines. The legal tax paying people in the country pay for it (via inflation from increased public debt or direct taxes). BTW, this is how the war on drug works also.
    Last edited by TheQ; 02-05-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Federal Stimulus Bill

This is the new Federal Stimulus bill. Here's how it works:

1. Scare the crap out of people with high capacity magazines handguns.
    2. People go out and stock up on high capacity magazines. (I just ordered 3 for my XDm 9mm)
    3. Retailers, wholesalers, and manufacturers with increased sales pay more taxes. They also hire more workers to fill the demand who ALSO pay more taxes.
    4. ?
    5. PROFIT!!!!!!
    Last edited by TheQ; 02-05-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post

That is precisely what his predecessor thought.... You need to get the political machine behind you, attend the meetings that the republicans have each month, get ingrained, and most of all $$$$$ backing.

Why can't politicians understand this: No matter how good something looks or makes you feel, no matter how many people will benefit from it, no matter the consequences if it's not passed- if it goes against my liberty, it shouldn't even be considered!

The people and individuals they elect just don't comprehend liberty. It's disgusting. How foreign can the concept of liberty be in 'The Land of the Free'?

This bill classifies as something that pisses me off. When government does something that pisses me off, I buy a gun. I was thinking of getting a shotgun but now I'm thinking something small (pistol) that supports more than 10 rounds. Hmmm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast