• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Levin co-sponsoring magazine ban

detroit_fan

Hopefully this bill will go nowhere thanks to the republicans controlling the house, but please keep this in mind next time levin is up for reelection. he supports every single antigun bill in the senate and it makes me sick. here's the bill and the list of cosponsors.

Cosponsors:
Barbara Boxer [D-CA]
Richard Durbin [D-IL]
Dianne Feinstein [D-CA]
Al Franken [D-MN]
Kirsten Gillibrand [D-NY]
John Kerry [D-MA]
Carl Levin [D-MI]
Robert Menéndez [D-NJ]
John Reed [D-RI]
Charles Schumer [D-NY]

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s112-32

Harry25

He, and Rep. Levin have been in office far too long. I've contacted them on several occasions, and every time, I've felt like they don't give a crap what I have to say.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

detroit_fan

He, and Rep. Levin have been in office far too long. I've contacted them on several occasions, and every time, I've felt like they don't give a crap what I have to say.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Same here, every time I have wrote to him I received a reply telling me why I was wrong and he was right. What really bothers me is they are supposed to represent the people of this state, but the people of this state do not support the type of gun control he advocates for, so he is only pursuing his own personal agenda. He even voted against the Vitter amendment!

eastmeyers

Hmmmm there seems to be some sort of a trend of this list of senators whom are co-sponsoring the bill. Oh man I just can not seem to put my finger on it. :uhoh: Maybe Slave will come along and help me figure it out. LOL. Just having fun.

:banana:

(D)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
This is a surprise? Throw out any gun control bill and he's on it like stink on S#@t. Like white on rice, like ugly on an ape..... You get the idea. He really needs to retire, get voted out or die.

B

Bikenut

Mr. Levin's emails to me always started out with "I thought you would be interested to know..." and then went on to brag about his latest accomplishments. The last time I corresponded with Mr. Levin was after receiving a reply to an email I sent him about some gun control thing that I don't even recall at the moment. His reply started with the usual "I thought you would be interested to know..." and then went on to tell me how he supports gun control. Well, I sent him a reply that started out...

"I thought you would be interested to know" and then went on to tell him I was working tirelessly to get him voted out of office.

For some strange reason I've not received any more missives from him or his office.

But then a while back I sent an email to President Obama notifying him his services were no longer needed and he could clean out his desk and seek gainful employment in a field other than politics. Got no answer there either.... but probably am on yet another list.

Onnie

But then a while back I sent an email to President Obama notifying him his services were no longer needed and he could clean out his desk and seek gainful employment in a field other than politics. Got no answer there either.... but probably am on yet another list.

Got me rolling on the floor laughing at that................

yea i know there is a abbreviation for that lol

mastiff69

I vote the swine out every time he is up for election , but the liberals in michigan in this area are to high, and of coarse the low lifes who do nothing, have never done anything and live off of my hard work vote him in enough said !!!!!,

I sent a e-mail to him, reminding him of his responsability to the people and the constituation.
NOT that he gives a sh-t, about either he is a true politician,
i can only see tar & feathers

Last edited:

Michigander

He is a tyrant, and a career liar. An open liar at that. I have told him as much in writing.

It's hard to say who should be more ashamed, him, or the fools who vote for him.

G22

Please people get some sense and vote that liberal out of office!!!

He nor his brother, who is my rep will Never be voted out of office.
It's never even close for any challenger. Ive been trying for 23 years.

My only hope is that I am young enough to see them decide to not run for re-election, and then I fear the ones that will replace them.

Last edited:

Haman J.T.

He nor his brother, who is my rep will Never be voted out of office.
It's never even close for any challenger. Ive been trying for 23 years.

My only hope is that I am young enough to see them decide to not run for re-election, and then I fear the ones that will replace them.
I suffer from both too!I get a couple replies a month from them both.They absolutely do not represent me!

stainless1911

Banned
I think this will pass because they feel that they need to do something to make themselves feel better thinking that they did something.

If this goes through, how will we go about getting it repealed?

Last edited:

TheQ

10 - The number of rounds they want to limit us to
10 - The number of co-sponsors listed here
10 - the maximum number of years found for someone having a new high capacity mag after this goes in.

0 - the number of years for buffing off that new mark...