• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Levin co-sponsoring magazine ban

TheQ

What if the state of Michigan refuses to prosecute in this area of law as they do in others.

It's a federal law (proposed). BATFE, the FBI, and DOJ are responsible for enforcement.

You get busted for violating it, you go to Federal Court, and then Federal Pound-me-in-the-455 prison.

State of MI not involved in enforcement.

Also, the Federal government increases the number of BATFE employees so they can better find these evil people who wield high-cap magazines. They make the Federal Prison system larger to hold these evil doers. They declare a "war on high cap" magazines. The legal tax paying people in the country pay for it (via inflation from increased public debt or direct taxes). BTW, this is how the war on drug works also.

Last edited:

TheQ

Federal Stimulus Bill

This is the new Federal Stimulus bill. Here's how it works:

1. Scare the crap out of people with high capacity magazines handguns.
  2. People go out and stock up on high capacity magazines. (I just ordered 3 for my XDm 9mm)
  3. Retailers, wholesalers, and manufacturers with increased sales pay more taxes. They also hire more workers to fill the demand who ALSO pay more taxes.
  4. ?
  5. PROFIT!!!!!!

Last edited:

Sheldon

He nor his brother, who is my rep will Never be voted out of office.
It's never even close for any challenger. Ive been trying for 23 years.

My only hope is that I am young enough to see them decide to not run for re-election, and then I fear the ones that will replace them.

That is precisely what his predecessor thought.... You need to get the political machine behind you, attend the meetings that the republicans have each month, get ingrained, and most of all $$$$$ backing.

kubel

Why can't politicians understand this: No matter how good something looks or makes you feel, no matter how many people will benefit from it, no matter the consequences if it's not passed- if it goes against my liberty, it shouldn't even be considered!

The people and individuals they elect just don't comprehend liberty. It's disgusting. How foreign can the concept of liberty be in 'The Land of the Free'?

This bill classifies as something that pisses me off. When government does something that pisses me off, I buy a gun. I was thinking of getting a shotgun but now I'm thinking something small (pistol) that supports more than 10 rounds. Hmmm...

Michigander

Something I would suggest everyone keep in mind if it ever looks like there may be another magazine ban, which it doesn't right now, is that if you learn to TIG weld, the only way you will ever be stopped from having standard or extended capacity magazines is from your own laziness. Even if a third or half of a magazine is a slid plastic base, you can weld 2 or 3 neutered magazines together, put a flat base plate on it, then have a regular one. If you sand them smooth, then refinish them, externally they will look like brand new regular magazines, assuming you do a good job.

kryptonian

carl levin and ted kennedy spent 8 years of george bush state of the union addresses rolling their eyes and shaking their heads at even the most patriotic issues brought up. wished ted would give carl a ride home by the chappaquidick bridge. by the way the much needed body armor our soldiers couldn't get and the bastard that wouldn't let soldiers families buy their own all lead back to military spending plug carl levin.
this ban like any other ban or control legislation isnt going to magically dry up the existing supply of hi caps. if i'm somewhere and 3 armed bad guys open fire on people for whatever reason i'll have to say 'well i got 2 of them but but ran out of bullets due to the ban. the 3rd guy who didn't care about the ban went on and killed 5 more people. sorry.'
just one more piling on personal note. is it me or does he look like he's melting?