Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video, Longwood Police Chief and others on SB1250

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Video, Longwood Police Chief and others on SB1250

The other thread was getting confusing so I started another.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    The other thread was getting confusing so I started another.

Campus safty, oppose this bill, You're so dumb lady The criminal commited this crime without this bill passed. You idiot!

"terrorist weapon" lol??????????????????
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 02-04-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

A Terrorist Weapon!

Well, he said it, so it must be true!

I'm a Beach!

If an officer observed an illegal sawed off shotgun that was probable cause and wouldn't need the gun ban on campus. The Chief considers a group of people a terrorist group. I have heard VCDL refereed to as a terrorist group before. Some people think OCDO is a terrorist group.

His individual opinion doesn't make a group a terroristic group.

And as Repeater said in another thread does the Hatch Act apply to local officials?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_shadow View Post
    If an officer observed an illegal sawed off shotgun that was probable cause and wouldn't need the gun ban on campus.
    Well as we have discussed here many times, LEOs are trained to use deception in their jobs. (That was for you NovaCop, I hope you feel better.)

Apparently in spite of repeated assurances to the contrary, this one at least, has some trouble remembering when it is not appropriate to use such tactics.

He didn't come right out and say it, but he absolutely implied by his choice of wording and lack of clarification, that the Longwood policy was integral to their probable cause in the illegal shotgun case.

What a role model.

TFred

I want to know if the shotgun was really "sawed-off" or if this is bull. Who saws off a 410? What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    I want to know if the shotgun was really "sawed-off" or if this is bull. Who saws off a 410? What's the point?
    Working on it. His trial is Monday so I need to check the docket tomorrow. I want to know what terrorist group he belonged to.

Who saws off a 410? What's the point?
    Exactly! I have 2 .410 pistols.
    Besides, a sawed off shotgun isn't necessarily illegal, in fact, they're pretty common.

Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    Agreed, especially when this 410 is much more effective.

Taurus must be a terrorist organization.

Quote Originally Posted by epilogue View Post

I guess so!
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

What handgun round do those kick like? I've been wondering that for a while.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post

TFred
    Don't know about the Judge but in my Derringer, it kicks like a .500 but in my BFR...about like a .38.

TFred
    You would definitely feel it in the pictured aluminum frame, small and/or frail hands need not apply, it can also do .45 colt which isn't so bad.

Not unmanageable, but definitely not fun to put 200 rounds through at the range (I have the bruises to prove it too, :P)

I'd rate it like .357 mag through a Smith air weight snubbie.
    Last edited by epilogue; 02-04-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Don't know about the Judge but in my Derringer, it kicks like a .500 but in my BFR...about like a .38.
    You would definitely feel it in the pictured aluminum frame, small and/or frail hands need not apply, it can also do .45 colt which isn't so bad.

Not unmanageable, but definitely not fun to put 200 rounds through at the range (I have the bruises to prove it too, :P)

I'd rate it like .357 mag through a Smith air weight snubbie.
    Ha ha, thanks... of course the size and weight of the gun makes all the difference. Just as with a .357, the difference between an Airweight and a 686 or GP-100 is huge.

TFred

Spoken: "Our policy allowed us the Probable Cause to gain control of that weapon."

Heard: "Our policy allowed us to **** on this kid instead of having to find something legitimate for PC."

RE: Sawed off shotguns...

My BIL bought a gun from a dealer and took it out of his truck to show me. When he took it out I had him put it back in his truck as quick as he could because it looked like your typical sawed off shotgun and, in fact, was! Granted, it had a 18" barrel and was 26" long overall but without a tape measure handy, it scared the heck outta me! If a gunner like ME can't eyeball that, how the heck is a cop going to and is he even going to know the legal limits in the first place?
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroHog View Post
    it had a 18" barrel and was 26"
    Mine has a 6" barrel and is 16 overall.

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Right, and you have a Federal Tax Stamp too! If not, expect a knock on yer door!
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroHog View Post
    you have a Federal Tax Stamp too
    a federal what?
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

wait didn't one of the other speakers say that it was alright to store your gun in your car that they were not going to search cars. how convenient that the jacket "slipped".
    he sounds a lot like our chief of police

After the water jug tests I've seen, I would never ever shoot 410 out of a Judge for self-defense against anything but snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    After the water jug tests I've seen, I would never ever shoot 410 out of a Judge for self-defense against anything but snakes.
    Trip aut buck magnum does a pretty good job against vermin... and faces.

The Judge is a wonderful tool for those who have a hard time hitting what they aim at.

Did I understand the Longwood Police Chief correctly? From what he said it sounded like if they see a gun in your car, that is probable cause. Does he mean any gun, or only if they see a sawed off shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter45 View Post
    Did I understand the Longwood Police Chief correctly? From what he said it sounded like if they see a gun in your car, that is probable cause. Does he mean any gun, or only if they see a sawed off shotgun?
    I believe that is essentially what he said. Interesting thought... how does violating a school policy give them grounds to pierce Fourth Amendment protections against unqualified criminal investigations?

TFred

I believe that is essentially what he said. Interesting thought... how does violating a school policy give them grounds to pierce Fourth Amendment protections against unqualified criminal investigations?

TFred
    That's the same question that was going through my mind while watching the video. So the Longwood Police Department thinks that violating a school policy gives them probable cause to search your vehicle. That's nice.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    One almost gets the idea that this fellow, campus LEO(??), would see no problem and would in fact, believe it to be proper and within the purview of police authority in Virginia to do the same thing if he were to pass by a car in a parking lot (off campus) and notice a firearm in plain view inside of a car. While doing this, leaving a firearm unattended is NOT smart, it is also nowhere near reaching the level of PC, let alone RAS from my understanding (I welcome any corrections to this from you folks).

And his use of the word "terrorist" was deliberate because he knows perfectly well the visceral reaction that word conjures up when spoken by a member of the law enforcement community. They are viewed by the general population to have expert knowledge of all matters pertaining to said subject and of firearms as well so any way they can bend their comments and remarks a little is going to have an effect on people.

I wonder how he would react if he saw one of us walking down the sidewalk across the street from the university in Farmville, sidearm in full view?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast