• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video, Longwood Police Chief and others on SB1250

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The other thread was getting confusing so I started another.

[video=vimeo;19582947]http://vimeo.com/19582947[/video]

Repeater

A Terrorist Weapon!

Well, he said it, so it must be true!

Beach.jpg

I'm a Beach!

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
If an officer observed an illegal sawed off shotgun that was probable cause and wouldn't need the gun ban on campus. The Chief considers a group of people a terrorist group. I have heard VCDL refereed to as a terrorist group before. Some people think OCDO is a terrorist group.

His individual opinion doesn't make a group a terroristic group.

And as Repeater said in another thread does the Hatch Act apply to local officials?

:banghead:

TFred

If an officer observed an illegal sawed off shotgun that was probable cause and wouldn't need the gun ban on campus.
Well as we have discussed here many times, LEOs are trained to use deception in their jobs. (That was for you NovaCop, I hope you feel better.)

Apparently in spite of repeated assurances to the contrary, this one at least, has some trouble remembering when it is not appropriate to use such tactics.

He didn't come right out and say it, but he absolutely implied by his choice of wording and lack of clarification, that the Longwood policy was integral to their probable cause in the illegal shotgun case.

What a role model.

TFred

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
I want to know if the shotgun was really "sawed-off" or if this is bull. Who saws off a 410? What's the point?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I want to know if the shotgun was really "sawed-off" or if this is bull. Who saws off a 410? What's the point?

Working on it. His trial is Monday so I need to check the docket tomorrow. I want to know what terrorist group he belonged to.

Who saws off a 410? What's the point?

Exactly! I have 2 .410 pistols.
Besides, a sawed off shotgun isn't necessarily illegal, in fact, they're pretty common.

epilogue

What handgun round do those kick like? I've been wondering that for a while.

TFred

You would definitely feel it in the pictured aluminum frame, small and/or frail hands need not apply, it can also do .45 colt which isn't so bad.

Not unmanageable, but definitely not fun to put 200 rounds through at the range (I have the bruises to prove it too, :p)

I'd rate it like .357 mag through a Smith air weight snubbie.

Last edited:

TFred

Don't know about the Judge but in my Derringer, it kicks like a .500 but in my BFR...about like a .38.

You would definitely feel it in the pictured aluminum frame, small and/or frail hands need not apply, it can also do .45 colt which isn't so bad.

Not unmanageable, but definitely not fun to put 200 rounds through at the range (I have the bruises to prove it too, :p)

I'd rate it like .357 mag through a Smith air weight snubbie.
Ha ha, thanks... of course the size and weight of the gun makes all the difference. Just as with a .357, the difference between an Airweight and a 686 or GP-100 is huge.

TFred

epilogue

Spoken: "Our policy allowed us the Probable Cause to gain control of that weapon."

Heard: "Our policy allowed us to **** on this kid instead of having to find something legitimate for PC."

HeroHog

RE: Sawed off shotguns...

My BIL bought a gun from a dealer and took it out of his truck to show me. When he took it out I had him put it back in his truck as quick as he could because it looked like your typical sawed off shotgun and, in fact, was! Granted, it had a 18¼" barrel and was 26½" long overall but without a tape measure handy, it scared the heck outta me! If a gunner like ME can't eyeball that, how the heck is a cop going to and is he even going to know the legal limits in the first place?

papa bear

wait didn't one of the other speakers say that it was alright to store your gun in your car that they were not going to search cars. how convenient that the jacket "slipped".
he sounds a lot like our chief of :banghead:police