• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senator Julie Lassa - Stevens Point

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
On Friday I called Senator Lassa's office to discuss constitutional carry. I spoke with a member of the Senator's staff and shared information on a 2004 analysis by the U.S. National Academy of Sciences and a 2007 review by the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy. Both found that gun control does not reduce crime & violence.

While the Senator's staffer stated proudly that Senator Julie Lassa supported concealed carry to the point of voting to over-ride Doyle's veto in both 2004 and 2006, she will not be taking a position on this issue until a specific bill is introduced later in the spring. Based on this response I doubt Senator Lassa will take a leading position on firearms legislation or be a vocal supporter of constitutional carry unless she starts hearing from MANY advocates of constitutional carry who share their viewpoints and educate her on the relevant issues.

It has been said here many times in many ways. If you aren't calling and writing your senators and representatives, then you just handed the keys, the steering wheel, and the gas pedal to those who do.

Last edited:

protias

Since she is not listening to her constituent, let her know you will work to get someone in officer who will listen to you. ;)

anmut

Since she is not listening to her constituent, let her know you will work to get someone in officer who will listen to you. ;)

We tried last November. Unfortunately she's a rep for mainly a college (see: smarter than you and I) town. She has been responsive to me in the past on different issues, with personal letters being sent back and that's pretty impressive. I might have to make an appointment to see her in person to explain what we want.

hardballer

On Friday I called Senator Lassa's office to discuss constitutional carry. I spoke with a member of the Senator's staff and shared information on a 2004 analysis by the U.S. National Academy of Sciences and a 2007 review by the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy. Both found that gun control does not reduce crime & violence.

While the Senator's staffer stated proudly that Senator Julie Lassa supported concealed carry to the point of voting to over-ride Doyle's veto in both 2004 and 2006, she will not be taking a position on this issue until a specific bill is introduced later in the spring. Based on this response I doubt Senator Lassa will take a leading position on firearms legislation or be a vocal supporter of constitutional carry unless she starts hearing from MANY advocates of constitutional carry who share their viewpoints and educate her on the relevant issues.

It has been said here many times in many ways. If you aren't calling and writing your senators and representatives, then you just handed the keys, the steering wheel, and the gas pedal to those who do.

We tried last November. Unfortunately she's a rep for mainly a college (see: smarter than you and I) town. She has been responsive to me in the past on different issues, with personal letters being sent back and that's pretty impressive. I might have to make an appointment to see her in person to explain what we want.
Great job anmut. I especially liked this part...

johnny amish

If you aren't calling and writing your senators and representatives, then you just handed the keys, the steering wheel, and the gas pedal to those who do.

I could not agree more.
Now is the time for ALL of us to rally our friends, neighbors, co-workers, anybody we can think of to start contacting our lawmakers today, tomorrow and every day there after. If we hope to get constitutional carry in this state then it will be up to us to make more noize than the anti's, you know they are trying to do the same.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I send out emails to State reps on a weekly basis. It only takes a few minutes

I try to contact them in some way, in person, by phone or via email once a week as well, whether it is just to pass along some other information about what other states are doing or what I want done. No matter what, I make sure it is concluded with something to the effect of:

'Please pass Constitutional Carry now'.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
Unfortunately I can not take credit for writing that... I think it came from another thread, right?

Thanks Anmut! I don't know if anyone else has ever used that phrase before. It just came out the tips of my fingers as I was posting. It might make a good title for a thread if anyone wants to use it.