• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fayetteville Gun Show

rotorhead

Just got back from the show. Normally I don't go to shows due to the pumped up prices but decided to go out and see things for myself. While there I stopped by at the GRNC table and had a chance to meet up with cricketdad and a few of the other volunteers at the table. I'm sorry, but I remember their real names but didn't catch their member names here on the board :p

Cricketdad and I talked for a while about this and that and I found him to be a very good man with a true heart for the cause. I'm glad I went to the show if for no other reason than to be able to meet him and the rest of the volunteers.

I also finally plopped down the cash to become a GRNC member. Cricketdad promised me a cool new go-kart, a new Steyr 9mm, and a Cadillac if I joined. Well, who am I to say no to that? Aight he didn't promise all that, but the cause is a good one just the same :)

Last edited:

VetteFreakC5

I dunno about the over-inflated prices....I scored several 10 round mags for my HK USP-c .45 for almost 1/2 off reg retail...might go back tomorrow to get more lol

I am a little disappointed in that there was almost nothing there for the Saiga 12. Given its popularity you would think they would have more than 4 items....

cricketdad

Just got back from the show. Normally I don't go to shows due to the pumped up prices but decided to go out and see things for myself. While there I stopped by at the GRNC table and had a chance to meet up with cricketdad and a few of the other volunteers at the table. I'm sorry, but I remember their real names but didn't catch their member names here on the board :p

Cricketdad and I talked for a while about this and that and I found him to be a very good man with a true heart for the cause. I'm glad I went to the show if for no other reason than to be able to meet him and the rest of the volunteers.

I also finally plopped down the cash to become a GRNC member. Cricketdad promised me a cool new go-kart, a new Steyr 9mm, and a Cadillac if I joined. Well, who am I to say no to that? Aight he didn't promise all that, but the cause is a good one just the same :)

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you also.

Another tread about gun shows was about some wrong statements made about some law, probably because of new volunteers working at the table. I fear you may have run into the same at my table. Three of the people work there were new. The above mentioned benefits may have been promised by one of them. You will have to collect from them. And if you get the Cadillac, there is special parking available at the Crown for Cadillac owners at the hockey games.

Glad to have you on board. Keep your dialing finger ready. More good law reform should be coming soon.

rotorhead

lol yeah, that may be the case. It was kind of crowded yesterday with lots of gun related and law related talk out there. It's possible it was one of the other volunteers that had made those promises.

However, under the RICO Act, you are associated with them by proxy. I'd even go to say that your position as show coordinator makes you the ring leader of such rabble, thereby making you responsible for all actions and promises given by any volunteer.

With that said, you just let me know which parking spot I can find my new Caddy parked in. :cool: