• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to Contact Your Representatives

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
I think I got through to my representative

Here is the reply I received to a rather lengthy email I sent to one of my state reps a few weeks ago, outlining the elements I thought were important in a pro-gun piece of legislation; it sounds like she read and understood the whole thing:
Dave – thank you so much for writing to me and for your support in the November General Election.

As you probably know, I was endorsed by the NRA and I will work to protect our 2nd amendment right to bear arms.

Thank you for your specific input on the changes you would like to see and also for the helpful information regarding what other states are doing.

Sincerely,
Amy Loudenbeck
Representing Wisconsin's 45th Assembly District
(608) 266-9967
rep.loudenbeck@legis.wi.gov
I will follow up with our proposed bill.

davegran

Unveiling our bill to my Representative

Here is my reply to my Representative, Amy Loudenbeck:
Dear Representative Loudenbeck,
Thank you for answering my email with a response that told me you actually read and understood it. I understand that there are a lot of issues on your plate during this session and consequently a lot of people vying for your attention so I'll be as brief as possible.

Concealed Carry of a Weapon (CCW) without a permit (What is being called, "Constitutional Carry") is becoming the choice of more and more states. Vermont, Alaska, and Arizona already have this as law. Kentucky, Wyoming, Utah, Iowa, and now Colorado are serious about adopting this legislation. They realize the importance of recognizing a citizen's God-given right to self-defense and defense of loved ones.

In Wisconsin, various organizations including Wisconsin Carry, Inc, the United States Concealed Carry Association, The National Rifle Association, WI-Force (NRA state chartered organization), Wisconsin Gun Owners, the Tea Party Coalition, Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty, The Wisconsin Libertarian Party, and the Wisconsin Chapter of Open Carry.Org have ALL endorsed Constitutional Carry for the upcoming legislation regarding concealed carry. In the 2010 Republican state convention in Milwaukee, the state GOP voted overwhelmingly to change the party platform to REMOVE the words "permit" from their stance on the right to carry thus making the party platform conform to Constitutional Carry principles.

In short, many of us do not believe law abiding citizens should have to pay a tax and register with the government in order to exercise what the US Supreme Court has now affirmed is a fundamental individual right.

The members of the Wisconsin Chapter of Open Carry.Org have decided to become proactive in suggesting common sense legislation that would legalize Constitutional Carry without creating other problems. We have crafted the attached model bill for the consideration of our lawmakers. It is meant as a guide and a first pass at the legislation. Please look at it and share it with your fellow legislators for their consideration.

Thank you very much for your attention in this important matter,
Then I attached our bill.

davegran

Calling all 15th District residents!

I just received the following reply by US Mail from my Democratic senator in the 15th District, Tim Cullen:
Dear Mr. [davegran]:

Thank you for contacting me in support of a Constitutional Carry bill. I appreciate knowing your thoughts on this issue.

There has been no legislation introduced at this time that would allow for concealed carry of firearms with no permit system. I will keep your views in mind if legislation is introduced and scheduled for action in the State Senate.

Sincerely,

Tim Cullen
State Senator
So I sent this reply today:
Dear Senator Cullen,
Thank you for answering my email with a personal response. I realize that there are a lot of issues on your plate during this session and consequently a lot of people vying for your attention so I'll be as brief as possible.

Concealed Carry of a Weapon (CCW) without a permit (What is being called, "Constitutional Carry") is becoming the choice of more and more states. Vermont, Alaska, and Arizona already have this as law. Kentucky, Wyoming, Utah, Iowa, and now Colorado are serious about adopting this legislation. They realize the importance of recognizing a citizen's God-given right to self-defense and defense of loved ones and that a permit system is unnecessarily costly and is counter to the intent of the Second Amendment.

In Wisconsin, various organizations including Wisconsin Carry, Inc, the United States Concealed Carry Association, The National Rifle Association, WI-Force (NRA state chartered organization), Wisconsin Gun Owners, the Tea Party Coalition, Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty, The Wisconsin Libertarian Party, and the Wisconsin Chapter of Open Carry.Org have ALL endorsed Constitutional Carry for the upcoming legislation regarding concealed carry. In the 2010 Republican state convention in Milwaukee, the state GOP voted overwhelmingly to change the party platform to REMOVE the word "permit" from their stance on the right to carry thus making the party platform conform to Constitutional Carry principles.

In short, many of us do not believe that law abiding citizens should have to pay a tax and register with the government in order to exercise what the US Supreme Court has now affirmed is a fundamental individual right. Also, a permit system would necessitate an expensive expansion of Government to administer the program at a time when smaller government is desirable. In addition, a study has shown that Wisconsin stands to save over a half BILLION dollars a year as a result of the economic benefits of Constitutional Carry. See the attachment, "Savings From Constitutional Carry" for the study

The members of the Wisconsin Chapter of Open Carry.Org have decided to become proactive in suggesting common sense legislation that would legalize Constitutional Carry without creating other problems. We have crafted the attached model bill, "PPA-F_2-4-11" for the consideration of our lawmakers. It is meant as a guide and a first pass at the legislation. Please look at it and share it with your fellow legislators for their consideration.

Thank you very much for your attention in this important matter,
--
[davegran]
Then I included our model Bill and the WCI study on saving $ with CCW in Wisconsin. His response to my first email was pretty much neutral, so I hope anybody else in the 15th District will also work on him so he doesn't think I'm his only constituent who wants Constitutional Carry.
Sen.Cullen@legis.wi.gov