Thread: Call or write your Legislatures...HB 0536

Call or write your Legislatures...HB 0536

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legi...11/HB0536.html

We need a bill like this to pass!

If kept in its present form, it has a snowballs chance in hell of ever passing.

Wyoming AND Utah are Poised for Constitutional Carry to Join: Arizona, Alaska, and Vermont.
    Will New Hampshire be next?
    It seems that New Hampshire is a Likely Candidate to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by nhsig220 View Post
    If kept in its present form, it has a snowballs chance in hell of ever passing.
    I know, I wish it wasn't true...and I wish the "republican" leadership wasn't actively trying to kill it.

Bill O'Brien, DJ Bettencourt, Evan Nappen Esq. amoug others are doing their best to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    I know, I wish it wasn't true...and I wish the "republican" leadership wasn't actively trying to kill it.

Bill O'Brien, DJ Bettencourt, Evan Nappen Esq. amoug others are doing their best to kill it.
    The problem is, they have the right idea, but go about it the wrong way. Everyone always tries to bite off a bigger piece then is needed to get the job done. That is the killer. A little pre-thought before putting it onto paper can go a long way.

Discussion at the NH Liberty Alliance:

http://forum.nhliberty.org/index.php?topic=3260.0

State Researcher

Post Alternative bill: HB 330

There is an alternative bill, HB 330, that eliminates the licensing requirement but does not contain the less palatable provisions of HB 536, similar to the approach taken in other states considering similar legislation. The legislative leadership appears to favor HB 330.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by WVCDL View Post
    There is an alternative bill, HB 330, that eliminates the licensing requirement but does not contain the less palatable provisions of HB 536, similar to the approach taken in other states considering similar legislation. The legislative leadership appears to favor HB 330.
    330 doesn't go far enough to support and protect gun owners. I wish the "leadership" would work to combine the bills rather than slide 536 under the table. I'm just waiting for either bill to become law and the wiretapping bill allowing recording of police to pass, then I'll enjoy OCing A LOT more.

With the GOP in absolute control of both Houses, now is the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    With the GOP in absolute control of both Houses, now is the time.
    'Cept the GOP is too scared that the media will make a mockery of them... if they try to pass 536; but there are a lot of gun owners who I've talked to who think 330 doesn't go far enough and either 536 needs to pass or 330 needs to have teeth put into it.

I would think there can be found common grounds for a compromise bill. And maybe a rider that will deport every democrap to the PDR down south. Then New Hampshire will be New Hampshire again.