Thread: Chantilly dinner this week

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Chantilly dinner this week

Can't find the thread, but we had a visitor who's in the area this week. I wanted to schedule a dinner in the Chantilly area, but I have been unwell and can't commit to being able to make it.

I was thinking some of our regular places - Five Guys, Bob Evans, Eggspectations, and (I think) Longhorn Steak House (is that the name of the place)?

Is someone willing to take this on? Our visitor leaves Friday, IIRC. I'll attend if I'm not at home in a condition I promise no one wants to see.

I'd certainly be interested in attending, but I haven't been around here long enough to commit to organizing a whole event. I do vaguely recall the thread you're talking about, and it's a shame our visitor has to leave before the Gun Show gets fully under way.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonton View Post
    I'd certainly be interested in attending, but I haven't been around here long enough to commit to organizing a whole event. I do vaguely recall the thread you're talking about, and it's a shame our visitor has to leave before the Gun Show gets fully under way.
    There's really nothing to organizing one -- simply pick a time and place. The only thing you have to make certain of is that the restaurant can handle the number who'll show. With this short notice, it'll likely be fewer than a dozen.

But I understand it's intimidating. I do hope someone will step up -- and, frankly, that I can make it. I had to back out of helping at the gun show because I just never know from one day to the next.