• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chantilly dinner this week

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Can't find the thread, but we had a visitor who's in the area this week. I wanted to schedule a dinner in the Chantilly area, but I have been unwell and can't commit to being able to make it.

I was thinking some of our regular places - Five Guys, Bob Evans, Eggspectations, and (I think) Longhorn Steak House (is that the name of the place)?

Is someone willing to take this on? Our visitor leaves Friday, IIRC. I'll attend if I'm not at home in a condition I promise no one wants to see.

Jonton

I'd certainly be interested in attending, but I haven't been around here long enough to commit to organizing a whole event. I do vaguely recall the thread you're talking about, and it's a shame our visitor has to leave before the Gun Show gets fully under way.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I'd certainly be interested in attending, but I haven't been around here long enough to commit to organizing a whole event. I do vaguely recall the thread you're talking about, and it's a shame our visitor has to leave before the Gun Show gets fully under way.

There's really nothing to organizing one -- simply pick a time and place. The only thing you have to make certain of is that the restaurant can handle the number who'll show. With this short notice, it'll likely be fewer than a dozen.

But I understand it's intimidating. I do hope someone will step up -- and, frankly, that I can make it. I had to back out of helping at the gun show because I just never know from one day to the next.