• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Des Moines Register - Pleasant Hill City Council says no to gun ban

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...cil-waits-to-make-decision-on-gun-ban?RAGBRAI

SNIP

The Pleasant Hill City Council tabled a resolution banning firearms from city property at the council meeting Jan. 25.

The proposed resolution stated that city buildings such as the library, city hall and buildings in Doanes Park should have notifications posted in entryways restricting firearms. If an individual were to not obey the posted restriction, law enforcement officers would be called and the individual would be charged with trespassing.

. . .

Scott Jones of Reasnor addressed the board during public input.

“The resolution will carry no weight with the law,” he said. “Just saying you can’t do something, criminals won’t follow that anyway.”

. . .

aadvark

Iowa Code 724.28 is Clear in that Pleasant Hill has NO Authority to Regulate Firearms beyond what is Permissable under Iowa Law.

Any Pleasant Hill Regulations that are Inconsistent with, or otherwise more Stringent than, State Law on this Subject-matter are Null and Void.

[OMIT]

Last edited:

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
You were right when you said void

724.28 Prohibition of regulation by political subdivisions.
A political subdivision of the state shall not enact an ordinance regulating the ownership,
possession, legal transfer, lawful transportation, registration, or licensing of firearms when the
ownership, possession, transfer, or transportation is otherwise lawful under the laws of this state.
An ordinance regulating firearms in violation of this section existing on or after April 5, 1990, is
void.

aadvark

Darkshadow62988:

I will Correct my Mistake..., and I Apologize.

aadvark

Last edited: