Thread: Wow!

Wow!

I was reading Section 411, Government Code today to learn a little more about CHL & realized I should have only paid 50% for the application & renewal fees! Honorably discharged from the military more than a year ago get 50% off, less than a year ago the fee is waived. Looks like I'll have to dig out a copy of my discharge papers next year.

Quote Originally Posted by pooley View Post
    I was reading Section 411, Government Code today to learn a little more about CHL & realized I should have only paid 50% for the application & renewal fees! Honorably discharged from the military more than a year ago get 50% off, less than a year ago the fee is waived. Looks like I'll have to dig out a copy of my discharge papers next year.
    BS! Dig it out now and make them give you half your money back! They should explain that to you when paying the State of Texas for that Tax to carry.
    Actually im doing that right now for a WWII veteran friend. He paid his 2 years ago and I will get him half his money back even if I have to sue the bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    BS! Dig it out now and make them give you half your money back! They should explain that to you when paying the State of Texas for that Tax to carry.
    Actually im doing that right now for a WWII veteran friend. He paid his 2 years ago and I will get him half his money back even if I have to sue the bastards.
    Well the money doesn't mean much to me but it's the principle of the thing. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if the handbook had said that when I first applied for CHL. It's just the fact you have to actually go and read the code to find out about it that irks me.

Quote Originally Posted by pooley View Post
    Well the money doesn't mean much to me but it's the principle of the thing. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if the handbook had said that when I first applied for CHL. It's just the fact you have to actually go and read the code to find out about it that irks me.

Actually you should read the code instead of the handbook. They make mistakes in the handbook that get by the editing process.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

I found the same after paying full price. Four months after the original payment I sent them a copy of my DD214, 3 weeks later I had a check.

Nice. You actually got a refund faster than your license?? It almost inspires one to have faith in the system again. Almost...