• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone going to OC long gun to 2nd Amendment Rally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire suppressor

Was anyone planing to open carry a long gun to the 2nd Amendment Rally in April? I've been thinking all night about about how much fun it would be to walk around with my AR out but feel intimidated too.

skiingislife725

I've got absolutely nothing wrong with it. But I do think if someone does and the news decides to cover it, that's the only shot they'll show...probably from the ground looking up at the man with the rifle.

Trigger Dr

Was anyone planing to open carry a long gun to the 2nd Amendment Rally in April? I've been thinking all night about about how much fun it would be to walk around with my AR out but feel intimidated too.

Take your AR and the 1858 Remington. How is the shooting with the '58 coming along?

tombrewster421

I just bought sling swivels for my tactical shotgun yesterday for the very purpose of carrying it at the rally.

FMCDH

Not by Bo. He can easily tell cop from foe!

Just look for the guy in the black and white baseball cap with POLICE in capital letters and the flashing Red n' Blues on top.

That will be Bo. ;)

Make sure to get out of the way if he starts making "the sound". :D

Last edited:

Squeak

I've got absolutely nothing wrong with it. But I do think if someone does and the news decides to cover it, that's the only shot they'll show...probably from the ground looking up at the man with the rifle.
I totally agree. Maybe an older rifle, but no ARs or other tactical weapons. Why would you want to give the 'anti-gun' people a reason to say,'see, they tote automatic weapons and someone will get hurt.' I think totin' a tactical weapon is really an 'in your face attitude.'

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
This forum is about open carry of handguns not rifles and shotguns while legal but there is a strong stigma still attached to (sarcasm on) those terrible black super duper tactical for war only guns or in the hands of cops or bad guys only (sarcasm off)

By carrying a rifle or shotgun in this event actually promoting the RKBA or will just carrying our handguns openly make a better statement?

G20-IWB24/7

I don't have any long guns I dislike enough to risk them getting banged-up while walking around.

.....----Moderator Note---
Locked the thread - Rule violation.

LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.